Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM

81 posts, read 332,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Mom View Post
Hello,
There's also the COTTON KINGS HOCKEY team if you like that!
Thanks!
The Cotton Kings are leaving Lubbock. They will relocate to San Angelo as long as they can agree on a lease with the city, which they couldn't do in Lubbock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,448,546 times
As far as nice small towns, you may check out the area down by Ransom Canyon. It offers nice hilly topography and big natural trees.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:30 PM

181 posts, read 538,125 times
Well my wife and I just got back from Lubbock. Im not sure what to say about Lubbock. It was hard to get a feel for what the town is all about. Most of the town is old, I don't think anyone goes downtown. There is a lot of new in the south, southwest part's of town which was nice. There was nothing that jumped out at us that made us say WOW. Everyone was right in the fact that you can get around town very easy. It definitly feel's isolated. From what I noticed there were nice parts all around in the city but it seemed to us that the ideal place to live would be in the southwest part of town. We liked the fact that in the neighborhood's there were park's with small pond's that people were fishing in. It does seem that you do get a lot for your money there as far as a house. And as long as you stay away from Tech you wont pay a lot for rent. Tech is building new building's all over there campus.We are up in the air about if we feel a move to Lubbock will be for us. I think we are leaning toward it not being for us, but I will have to wait and see what kind of offer I get from the place I interviewed at. It might be to good to pass up. I wish there was more to do outdoor wise, I reallly like archery and don't want to give it up. I bet there aren't many archery clubs near by.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM

E....... I am sure you have seen for yourself that there is a lot of medical there. I would think that you could find what you are looking for. I look forward to hearing what you think about Lubbock.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Default High school football

Mr.Football......Where are the best high school football teams in that area? I heard that Lubbock didn't really have a good team.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 PM

81 posts, read 332,725 times
Yeah, when it comes to the highest level of Texas football, 5A, Lubbock and north(which is just Amarillo in 5a) have never been real good compared to the rest of the state. Not the best place to see what Texas football is all about. But still good, probably better than what you'd find in Indiana.

Lubbock Monterey is probably the best program, they are actually pretty darned good. Most games are played in the high school stadium in the south part of town. Good chance you saw it, can see it from the loop there.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 PM

42 posts, read 210,761 times
LUBBOCK INDOOR ARCHERY TOO 806-763-5300

1939 Buddy Holly Ave
Lubbock, TX 79404

Old 07-26-2007, 05:19 PM

I did see the stadium, it looked real nice. South Bend schools have the same type of field situation here. That would be one positive for me about living in Texas, the high school football.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
Thumbs down Don't Ever Move To Lubbock

Lubbock is the ****hole of America, Period! There is nothing to do. It's pretty dirty ALL of the time. The crime is RIDICULOUS! I wouldn't recommend anyone moving here to anyone unless you are a student and you have a nice amount of money to afford a nice neighborhood to safely reside in. Also, if you have a nice car, you'd better park it in a garage. Screw an alarm system. Lubbock is becoming a smaller version of New Orleans. Too much crime and too little police, which puts the rest of us in serious danger. DON'T MOVE HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHOICE. The people here looked trapped, and just the other day I swore to myself that I will never become one of those people. As soon as I graduate, I'm leaving, and I mean as soon as I finish the graduation ceremony, I will change and get on the first plane away from here. The segregation in the community can still be seen. The only life and unity in the city is seen on the campus. Never in my life have I ever feared being the victim of a hate crime until I moved to Lubbock. I wouldn't raise my children or start a family here. There doesn't seem to be very much room for advancement in the workforce here. Sex offenders probably out number legit residents of the city. The food here is HORRIBLE! You options for entertainment are a movie, a bar, or putt putt. Or you can just stay home. People out here can't drive to save their lives. There is constantly a story on the news about someone being shot, stabbed, or held up in their own home at gunpoint. Yes, crime happens everywhere, but Lubbock is too small of a place to have as many FREE sex offenders as it does and to have the crime that it has. The worst part is that the majority of the crime here goes unsolved. In my opinion, God should send a flood thru this way and just start over. Most of the good stories you will hear about Lubbock will come from people who have always lived here or are from here. I had a friend who is from Texas, and she moved to a completely different state. After coming back to Texas, she can't wait to leave again, especially Lubbock. This city has no life other than what the college brings.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:38 PM

Jaxen, Lubbock does feel isolated and old. The good parts of town, which seems to be the south west, is expensive, rent wise. The more I think about it the more we don't think it is for us. Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock