U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM

8,669 posts, read 20,967,215 times

Advertisements

Been gone from my hometown of Lubbock for 25 years now. Today I had to call and speak to some people there regarding the value of a farm in Lubbock county my mother sold. In the course of attempting to track down some information, I had to speak to several different people. I was just so impressed that all of them were so incredibly friendly and helpful!

I have heard before that people liked the friendly people there, but I never thought much about it till today.

I miss Lubbock!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 04:00 PM

687 posts, read 1,438,971 times
I've been gone from Lubbock for nine years, and I too miss the friendly people of Lubbock. Several things that stand out in my mind that I miss about Lubbock:

- Driving outside of Lubbock on a sunny day and being able to see in every direction around me for miles and miles

- Sitting outside with a cold drink and good friends on those cool summer nights with no humidity and a light breeze

- The sky. It seems so much larger in Lubbock. On most summer days especially, the cloud formations in the sky looked like a work of art to me.

- Taking out-of-town friends for a steak dinner at Cagle's. Right outside of town in what looked like a Spanish fortress surrounded by ranch land.

- Kind people who would go way out of their way to help others.

I love the amenities and culture here in Dallas, but Lubbock will always be a big part of me.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
I've been gone from Lubbock for nine years, and I too miss the friendly people of Lubbock. Several things that stand out in my mind that I miss about Lubbock:
- Sitting outside with a cold drink and good friends on those cool summer nights with no humidity and a light breeze

- The sky. It seems so much larger in Lubbock. On most summer days especially, the cloud formations in the sky looked like a work of art to me.

- Taking out-of-town friends for a steak dinner at Cagle's. Right outside of town in what looked like a Spanish fortress surrounded by ranch land.

-
Miss that low humidity too, and Lubbock sunsets were amazing.
Cagles? This must have been after we left. Wonder if this is what was originally La Fonda Del Sol and later The Roadhouse?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Miss that low humidity too, and Lubbock sunsets were amazing.
Cagles? This must have been after we left. Wonder if this is what was originally La Fonda Del Sol and later The Roadhouse?
I'm not familiar with La Fonda Del Sol, but I think the Roadhouse was north of the city and west of the Lubbock Country Club. I remember going there when I was a kid. Cagle's is a couple of miles west of the city off whatever the highway is called that becomes 4th Street when you get into the city.

Cagle Steaks

Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 PM

3,880 posts, read 7,191,871 times
I'm wondering what kinds of things I will miss about Lubbock when I move next year. I know I will definitely miss the skies, especially at sunrise and sunset. And the low humidity. One Guy's and Spanky's as well...

Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
I'm not familiar with La Fonda Del Sol, but I think the Roadhouse was north of the city and west of the Lubbock Country Club. I remember going there when I was a kid. Cagle's is a couple of miles west of the city off whatever the highway is called that becomes 4th Street when you get into the city.

Cagle Steaks
Yeah, the Roadhouse was northwest of the city. I ate there with my mother the last night I was in Lubbock. Dallas had a lot of restaurants, but I knew it didn't have The Roadhouse! Lubbock has changed so much it seems. Love to take a trip out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I'm wondering what kinds of things I will miss about Lubbock when I move next year. I know I will definitely miss the skies, especially at sunrise and sunset. And the low humidity. One Guy's and Spanky's as well...
If you don't have to, don't go!

Old 10-09-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I have yet to find a calzone in Dallas as good as One Guy's.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,127,834 times
I would miss my hometown of Midland if i moved away so i can understand why u would miss Lubbock

Old 12-13-2010, 05:02 PM

149 posts, read 322,068 times
Hey everybody! You have the option of moving back to the Hub City if y'all want and are able to!

...and when I die...you can bury me...in Lubbock, Texas....in my jeans

Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritof68 View Post
Hey everybody! You have the option of moving back to the Hub City if y'all want and are able to!

...and when I die...you can bury me...in Lubbock, Texas....in my jeans
(kaykay smiles wistfully)...I would like to move back, actually, but too deep of roots here now if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
View detailed profiles of: