Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:21 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,932,965 times

Advertisements

Pipe manufacturer creating 71 jobs, $24M capital investment with new Lubbock facility - News - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Lubbock, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 06:57 PM

751 posts, read 1,481,900 times
Very nice! I think Diamond Plastics still manufactures in North Lubbock, eh? This new company will be good for the area

Old 10-25-2018, 07:42 AM

^Think so.

Looks like another just announced its expansion into the Hub City:

LEDA announces new plastics manufacturing business, coding program coming to Lubbock - News - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Lubbock, TX

Old 10-27-2018, 09:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
I dont understand why some of the posters are so down on LBK. It provides a very necessary hub of services and supplies for the huge oil field of the Permean Basin. It provides for all the agribusinesses in the south plains and some of the panhandle. People come there for a weekend away, medical care, education.
Im glad to see they're finally adding some tourist attractions. That was long overdue. Lubbock needs more than the windmill museum.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:38 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I dont understand why some of the posters are so down on LBK. It provides a very necessary hub of services and supplies for the huge oil field of the Permian Basin. It provides for all the agribusinesses in the south plains and some of the panhandle. People come there for a weekend away, medical care, education.
Im glad to see they're finally adding some tourist attractions. That was long overdue. Lubbock needs more than the windmill museum.
I'm all for Lubbock. The problem is, some of the area's residents seem a bit resistant to growth. Fortunately, they've got good civic leaders in Bart Reagor, the McDougal peeps, and even Coach Bob Knight (who really loves Lubbock). As more residents are coming in, I think you'll see some folks encouraging new things for the area. It also helps when the city has a pro-growth mayor like Dan Pope, and, get this: He's got his own YouTube page.

In the end, the positives can outweigh all the negatives.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I'm all for Lubbock. The problem is, some of the area's residents seem a bit resistant to growth. Fortunately, they've got good civic leaders in Bart Reagor, the McDougal peeps, and even Coach Bob Knight (who really loves Lubbock). As more residents are coming in, I think you'll see some folks encouraging new things for the area. It also helps when the city has a pro-growth mayor like Dan Pope, and, get this: He's got his own YouTube page.

In the end, the positives can outweigh all the negatives.
I don't think that growth resistance has been a big factor this century. The biggest problem to me is the perception of outsiders (obviously not you, Case). Very little is reported from Lubbock in San Antonio, for example, unless it's a tragic event like the horrible house fire a few days ago, or if a Tech athletics team in a marquee sport makes it deep into the postseason. That may be slowly changing, now that the city is growing at a healthy clip and the tourism industry is showing signs of life.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Hoverstate has decided to expand its reach to Lubbock. They're based in Los Angeles, and it's a digital marketing agency. The company will drop anchor in downtown.

https://lubbockeda.org/leda-announce...ns-to-lubbock/

Old 03-06-2019, 06:18 PM

North Lubbock is going to get a new logistics / distribution building.

https://lubbockeda.org/bandera-ventures/

It's just the latest catalyst to get more businesses to come to the Hub City.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Lubbock's southwest side continues steady growth. At least three new hotels have opened near 62nd and Milwaukee within the last few months. The city has had a nice first quarter this year.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/2...er-for-lubbock

Old 08-17-2019, 07:03 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock