Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 04:47 PM

7 posts, read 13,370 times

Advertisements

see lubbocktxloud.com
There are solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 03:26 PM

156 posts, read 370,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbo View Post
see lubbocktxloud.com
There are solutions.
Do you have a personal vendetta against dogs? I see you posting all over the place about barking dogs, just bringing it up for no reason. Its like an answer to a question that no one asked.

You hate dogs, we get it. Move somewhere else.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:08 AM

No, not against dogs, just against bad owners.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:50 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,912,106 times
No, the barkings dogs in Lubbock is like no place else Ive ever been. When we would go for a walk it was like we could hear barking dogs at every third house. Our house was surrounded by neighbors barking dogs. Some days, I would take my bike to drop the mail in the PO box. I had to go down an alley to get the. Every house on that street had a barking dog on the back yard. It was funny to set them all barking at the same time. For the life of me, I cannot understand people wanting to own a little barking machine.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:11 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,330 times
I talked to by brother who owns dogs in Lubbock. People there don't walk their dogs or take them to the single dog park in town, so they just sit in the back yard with a bunch of boredom and pent-up energy. I can see where barking is more of a problem there and other places that don’t have a culture of being active.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:46 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,912,106 times
W92 could be correct. We had very few dog walkers in Lbk. We walked but were "weird" because we did. We see far more people walking their dogs being around more old people.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,975 times
I just spent a week in Lubbock and I didn't notice a lot of barking dogs. Perhaps you are just unlucky in your location. Once in awhile I could hear a dog barking for a few minutes off in the distance, and about half the time that would set my son's two dogs off for about 30 seconds worth of barking back - inside the house mostly.

My son and DIL DO walk their dogs regularly. No one seems to think it is weird.

This is not a Lubbock "thing".

Old 01-14-2019, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,661 times
Default One experience does not an expert make

One experience or one point of view or one street or neighborhood can't be enough to know if something is a Lubbock "thing" or not. It would be easier to classify your experience as a single event than as sure-fire knowledge. I tend to take everybody's point of view into consideration and even then, I reserve judgement. I've heard lots of folks complain about barking dogs in Lubbock. My neighbor's dog barked all night long. The owners seeed to not hear it. If they did, they wouldn't have ever slept. Like me. If I said something about it to them, they'd probably say that I'm just being a gripe...why?....because they never heard it. They blocked it out. So about complaints on barking dogs, I think it's better just realizing that people have different levels of tolerances for noise. Just like for everything else in the world.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:53 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,975 times
Yeah, don't care. It is not a Lubbock "thing". As in "it happens all over Lubbock". Which was the OPs insinuation. It patently does not. Actual factual, not wishful thinking on your part.

And if a neighbor's dog "barks all night", call the cops. There are noise ordinances. They enforce them. Same as the rest of the country.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:45 AM

"And if a neighbor's dog "barks all night", call the cops. There are noise ordinances. They enforce them. Same as the rest of the country."

lol, you're to funny. Try it yourself sometime. The cops treat it as a joke. They say...get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
View detailed profiles of: