Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 11:23 PM

455 posts, read 771,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC22 View Post
I thought TX didn't play, as in all the law abiding people were armed and the wannabe criminals knew it?
Texas is a very big state, have you ever traveled through it? It's 800 miles just from Lubbock to South Padre Island... Texas does not require registration of firearms, although state law requires a state-ID of all buyers and yes concealed carry is allowed in TX, after the passage of Texas House Bill 1815, it’s legal to keep firearms within reach in a vehicle, even within school zones. Most everyone has and keeps numerous firearms, especially in W. Texas.

Lubbock has a big gang problem as well, and has had one for the past decade - tier one & tier two level gangs like the Bloods, Crips, West TX Tangos, Aryan Brotherhood, Latin Kings, and TX Mexican Mafia, all have strong representation in Lubbock..which are also major factors in the areas high violent crime rates and ongoing arrests for drugs, and property crimes. The Crips and Bloods in Lubbock are usually arrested for more violent crimes like assault, home invasions, weapons trafficking, drive-by shootings, and other scary stuff. Any time you have drug trafficking, you have the follow-along crimes - aggravated assaults, robberies and murders - that go with it and coincide with that lifestyle which is a continuing problem for Lubbock. These are not wannabe criminal types....thirty nine percent of all gang members entering the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in NW Texas originated from the Lubbock area.

Sometimes you're just outnumbered and have to stay alert, vigilant, and definitely locked & loaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 07:28 AM

29 posts, read 27,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Texas is a very big state, have you ever traveled through it? It's 800 miles just from Lubbock to South Padre Island... Texas does not require registration of firearms, although state law requires a state-ID of all buyers and yes concealed carry is allowed in TX, after the passage of Texas House Bill 1815, it’s legal to keep firearms within reach in a vehicle, even within school zones. Most everyone has and keeps numerous firearms, especially in W. Texas.

Lubbock has a big gang problem as well, and has had one for the past decade - tier one & tier two level gangs like the Bloods, Crips, West TX Tangos, Aryan Brotherhood, Latin Kings, and TX Mexican Mafia, all have strong representation in Lubbock..which are also major factors in the areas high violent crime rates and ongoing arrests for drugs, and property crimes. The Crips and Bloods in Lubbock are usually arrested for more violent crimes like assault, home invasions, weapons trafficking, drive-by shootings, and other scary stuff. Any time you have drug trafficking, you have the follow-along crimes - aggravated assaults, robberies and murders - that go with it and coincide with that lifestyle which is a continuing problem for Lubbock. These are not wannabe criminal types....thirty nine percent of all gang members entering the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in NW Texas originated from the Lubbock area.

Sometimes you're just outnumbered and have to stay alert, vigilant, and definitely locked & loaded.
What does the size of the state have to do with it? I have been all through Montana, the 4th largest state. Granted, the gang activity here is much lower due to one simple fact... It's freezing for 6 months. That, and everybody is armed. Of course, any trafficking is unheard of.

I understand the violence you're talking about though, having lived in gang areas. People that are affected are people that aren't vigilant, walking around staring at their phones with ear buds in, not locking their doors, having substandard doors, "showing off" their stereo systems, no Military background, no experience with guns etc...

I'm less scared of gang members than a Liberal DA that will punish me for protecting myself, because I will put lead where needed if threatened. Regardless though, I'm TERRIFIED of Tornadoes, if for nothing else, my entire investment being wiped out in a matter of minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock