Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 05:04 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

I am in my 20's and am considering a move to Lubbock.I am a man.Is Lubbock a good town for married people only or is it good for singles too?How is the singles scene in Lubbock?I am not really interested in night-life/clubbing that sort of thing...church is more my style.Where would be some good places in Lubbock to meet people?I am a business owner so I would not need to find a job.I'm from Midland.Thanks in advance.Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 04:40 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hi everybody,

I am in my 20's and am considering a move to Lubbock.I am a man.Is Lubbock a good town for married people only or is it good for singles too?How is the singles scene in Lubbock?I am not really interested in night-life/clubbing that sort of thing...church is more my style.Where would be some good places in Lubbock to meet people?I am a business owner so I would not need to find a job.I'm from Midland.Thanks in advance.Thanks in advance.
Isn't this to far from your family you are trying to please, with marrying a girl from the same church denomination, so that you can "keep peace in the family". Time to strike out and not be a people pleaser to you family.

You've looked many places, Abilene, San Angelo, central Texas, other places I don't remember, some reason have stricken off Tyler, lots of Church of Christ's here, BIG ones, large attendance. But a LONG, LONG way from home.

Maybe venture into other states, if you "business" would allow you living somewhere far from Midland, where there are what? 10 guys to every gal, ok, not that bad, but with all the men in the oil business, JUST saying. lol

Again, how many years are you going to LOOK. Yeah, sure, take your time on finding the "gal" you would think God, is far you. But?

Again, not meant to be critical, but you seem stuck, at your age on HERE so often? Life outside of City Data, is amazing. lol Again, not meaning to be cruel, mean, nasty, but move on, youve been on here City-Data, almost 3 years, you'll never get back, wow, so young, you will not know that these were LIKELY, lost years, until later, you will not know how young you were NOW, until later, take a risk, don't look back. Go FOR life.

The VERY, best to you!

Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Isn't this to far from your family you are trying to please, with marrying a girl from the same church denomination, so that you can "keep peace in the family". Time to strike out and not be a people pleaser to you family.

You've looked many places, Abilene, San Angelo, central Texas, other places I don't remember, some reason have stricken off Tyler, lots of Church of Christ's here, BIG ones, large attendance. But a LONG, LONG way from home.

Maybe venture into other states, if you "business" would allow you living somewhere far from Midland, where there are what? 10 guys to every gal, ok, not that bad, but with all the men in the oil business, JUST saying. lol

Again, how many years are you going to LOOK. Yeah, sure, take your time on finding the "gal" you would think God, is far you. But?

Again, not meant to be critical, but you seem stuck, at your age on HERE so often? Life outside of City Data, is amazing. lol Again, not meaning to be cruel, mean, nasty, but move on, youve been on here City-Data, almost 3 years, you'll never get back, wow, so young, you will not know that these were LIKELY, lost years, until later, you will not know how young you were NOW, until later, take a risk, don't look back. Go FOR life.

The VERY, best to you!
Thanks very much Mark Senior.I did not know there were so many church of Christs in Tyler.I really appreciate it.I am still weighing all my options.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:06 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Yes, there is a singles scene in Lubbock. A lot of it is associated with Texas Tech. It might be tough to be in Lubbock and not be associated with Texas Tech.

I agree that OP needs to change behaviors. He should probably be looking at all Christian denominations at the very least. He should be out doing massive amounts of in-person approaches or swiping like a maniac on swipe apps.

Midland isn't an easy place to be, but neither are the other midsize cities he's considering. It could even be argued that Dallas-Fort Worth or Houston would be even worse, as big city dating has its own unpleasant set of issues. In a certain way, those who seem to do the best in dating grow up in some midsize area like a Lubbock, put down roots, and are able to cultivate long term relationships. A lot of singles get caught up in dating in big city cesspools and seem to move from one cesspool to another, and not really solve the problem simply because switching cesspools accomplishes little to nothing.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Yes, there is a singles scene in Lubbock. A lot of it is associated with Texas Tech. It might be tough to be in Lubbock and not be associated with Texas Tech.

I agree that OP needs to change behaviors. He should probably be looking at all Christian denominations at the very least. He should be out doing massive amounts of in-person approaches or swiping like a maniac on swipe apps.

Midland isn't an easy place to be, but neither are the other midsize cities he's considering. It could even be argued that Dallas-Fort Worth or Houston would be even worse, as big city dating has its own unpleasant set of issues. In a certain way, those who seem to do the best in dating grow up in some midsize area like a Lubbock, put down roots, and are able to cultivate long term relationships. A lot of singles get caught up in dating in big city cesspools and seem to move from one cesspool to another, and not really solve the problem simply because switching cesspools accomplishes little to nothing.
Thanks for your input.I really appreciate it.

Last edited by C24L; 06-16-2019 at 02:05 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 5,359 times
I'm born and raised here. I haven't had much luck here in the last 15 years. Lubbock has changed a LOT. I don't really fit in Lubbock anymore. I'm not Republican, not a cowboy, not obese, don't care about guns, and not religious. I'm stuck in a weird place where I don't fit in Lubbock's current dating scene and moving isn't much of an option because I detest the whole SJW, every man is a rapist attitude more Northern states have begun to adopt.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:58 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCaveman View Post
I'm born and raised here. I haven't had much luck here in the last 15 years. Lubbock has changed a LOT. I don't really fit in Lubbock anymore. I'm not Republican, not a cowboy, not obese, don't care about guns, and not religious. I'm stuck in a weird place where I don't fit in Lubbock's current dating scene and moving isn't much of an option because I detest the whole SJW, every man is a rapist attitude more Northern states have begun to adopt.
Forgive me, but unless I'm misinterpreting your post, it sounds like you don't like the conservatives AND you don't like the liberals, either (Social Justice Warriors?) What's left?

I've been teaching here in Lubbock for 15 years and have run into all types. Maybe we're just not actually looking for romance.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:27 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
I suggest getting out of Lubbock. The SJW mentality isn't as common as you might think.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 5,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Forgive me, but unless I'm misinterpreting your post, it sounds like you don't like the conservatives AND you don't like the liberals, either (Social Justice Warriors?) What's left?

I've been teaching here in Lubbock for 15 years and have run into all types. Maybe we're just not actually looking for romance.

I'm a big believer in keeping your politics to yourself. That's how it was pre-2000. Now, I can't go to the bar and have a couple of drinks without someone trying to drag me into political discussions. My politics are pretty all over the place. I follow it all closely. I just don't like to talk about it. Most people are just parroting their team's news network, so no actual discussion can be had. Someone always ends up angry and pouting.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:30 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:
I'm a big believer in keeping your politics to yourself. That's how it was pre-2000. Now, I can't go to the bar and have a couple of drinks without someone trying to drag me into political discussions. My politics are pretty all over the place. I follow it all closely. I just don't like to talk about it. Most people are just parroting their team's news network, so no actual discussion can be had. Someone always ends up angry and pouting.
Yeah, that angry and pouting stuff is pretty boring. I keep my views to myself, also, as my students are really not paying me to proselytize about my liberal political views, AR commitments, a-theism, and all the rest of it. But I have found like-minded people and made friends here. Even dated. I like the people here, even if I don't agree with them about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock