Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:51 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,109,910 times

Advertisements

I was browsing my recent email from the Lubbock Fun Club and saw an ad for "Vintage Township" I had to click on. Check this out!

Vintage Township - Lubbock New Homes - Lubbock, TX

I think it's sooooo pretty but what do y'all think? Would it turn almost "Stepford-like"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,528,374 times
That is beautiful!!!! My brother is moving to Lubbock and is very excited abou it!!! With places like that I might move out there too!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM

Is your brother buying a home in "Vintage Township," Miss Martha? The homes and community are just gorgeous but I'm wondering if the neighbors are snooty and homogeneous, you know?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 PM

I think he is going to be staying with a friend of his fiance until after he gets married to his beautiful bride!
I'm going to suggest this community. I would think it would probably have some uppity people there, but he and his fiance would change all that! They are good people!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM

I think I would almost be willing to live in a stepford like community if it was reasonably priced!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,138,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
...but I'm wondering if the neighbors are... homogeneous, you know?
And what would be wrong with that?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,268,400 times
Looks wonderful! People in Lubbock takes lots of pride in their yards and landscaping......the soil will grow anything and with a little water the yards can be made beautiful. It looks like a very homey, comfortable place to live.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
And what would be wrong with that?
Uh, people getting involved in your business if they don't like what color you're planning to paint your shutters, or if they don't approve of the type of car you have in your driveway, or if they don't like the fact that your daughter or son is dating someone of another race. That's what would be wrong with it. I experienced this when I lived in New England and it was NOT comfortable.

This community seems like it has set itself apart from Lubbock and is quite insular. That would raise concerns for me, even though it is a really beautiful place.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM

9,191 posts, read 22,006,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I was browsing my recent email from the Lubbock Fun Club and saw an ad for "Vintage Township" I had to click on. Check this out!

Vintage Township - Lubbock New Homes - Lubbock, TX

I think it's sooooo pretty but what do y'all think? Would it turn almost "Stepford-like"?
When I lived in Midland, I received information in the mail...I thought it was really neat!!

As much as I loved Lubbock when I was going to Tech, I don't think I could live without my mountains now.

Having said that, Lubbock is a great city, and has a lot to offer!

Old 05-22-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
When I lived in Midland, I received information in the mail...I thought it was really neat!!

As much as I loved Lubbock when I was going to Tech, I don't think I could live without my mountains now.

Having said that, Lubbock is a great city, and has a lot to offer!
Yay, my son's a Red Raider!!!! Guns up!!!!!

I enjoy visiting him in Lubbock and was thinking of moving there. That didn't put a smile on his 18-year-old face, LOL. He was all in favor of mum living closer (we were in the RGV at the time) but not THAT close. Now, that wouldn't have stopped me if I was really sold on the idea, but I decided Abilene was a better fit for me as it's more centrally located.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket about Vintage Township. It is such a beautiful place! LOL, I just think that even if I had the money, I might be too much of an individualistic, funky person to live there!I'd probably be the known as the odd, poetry-writing, gardener with the doggykids. (Kinda like Louise in Steel Magnolias, hahahahahahaha)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock