U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 AM

5,080 posts, read 8,643,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good grief. We've only had Cagle's and Cattle Baron. Man, they need to get busy building some more steak places.

Golden Corral, anyone??
OH GOLDEN CORRAL.. has anyone ever really thought about the name of that place.. once you put two and two together.. do you still want to eat there.. The Golden troth, The Slop House, My Favorite is in Boise.. I dont know how they get people with this name.. CHUCK-O-RAMA... yeah that just conjures an image you want to eat at doesn't it? Then there is the king of them all.. because you cant have a Slop Troth/corral without a BARNHILLS.

I think the people who got it right from the name on are the Country Buffet, or the Hometown Buffet places. That just takes the whole barn, pig, troth thing out of the picture, and makes you think of mom, and country fairs.. yummy.. Buffets, Inc. Family of Restaurants:Old Country Buffet, Hometown Buffet, Country Buffet

The Best Steak though.. Cattle Barons... But then again I have not eaten too many places besides there in Lubbock so I cant really say fer sure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM

63 posts, read 266,921 times
The Double Nickel Steakhouse on Slide is also excellent. Can't go wrong with Cagles, Las Brisas, 50 Yard Line, Cattle Baron, or Double Nickel.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Status: "Are you as ready for spring as I am?" (set 4 days ago)

50,435 posts, read 40,572,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTx View Post
The Double Nickel Steakhouse on Slide is also excellent. Can't go wrong with Cagles, Las Brisas, 50 Yard Line, Cattle Baron, or Double Nickel.
Very good post. By the way, it should be noted that Lubbock has the highest number of restaurants per capita of any city in the U.S. That, according to the Avalanche-Journal.

Hard to believe.

In the meantime, I'll look and see if 50 Yard or Double Nickel have websites. I'm just curious.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 PM

1,491 posts, read 4,831,283 times
And Lubbock used to have more boats per capita than any city in the US.....in spite of the fact it has no good boating water. Could we apply the same 'logic' to the number of restaurants?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Here's One For You

Look what I found, everybody.

Lisa West's Double Nickel Steak House

You won't believe this. Fine dining and sliced tomatoes is a side dish. This ought to be worth a try!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Look what I found, everybody.

Lisa West's Double Nickel Steak House

You won't believe this. Fine dining and sliced tomatoes is a side dish. This ought to be worth a try!
Don't forget that she also owns Spanky's over by Tech. You actually get cheese sticks with your steak. And if you've ever eaten at Spankys, you know how GOOD these cheese sticks really are.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
And Lubbock used to have more boats per capita than any city in the US.....in spite of the fact it has no good boating water. Could we apply the same 'logic' to the number of restaurants?
Well, there's now Lake Alan Henry which is a 1 hour drive from town. It's actually an excellent lake for boating. But, you pretty much have to have a boat to have any fun out there. No beaches or camping yet. Great fishing and boating lake though.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 PM

What'd y'all think of the 50 Yard Line? Any of you been there?

Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 PM

1,992 posts, read 3,859,929 times
Quote:
What'd y'all think of the 50 Yard Line? Any of you been there?
I have been there, but it has been more than a few years, but I remember it being okay.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 PM

Alright, here's a question for the masses. What does Lubbock have against T-bone steaks? I don't see them anywhere on Cagle's or Double Nickel's menus. You can get them in Amarillo and any other Texas city, but not in Lubbock. We're talking T-bones here, folks. What's up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock