Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,031 times

Advertisements

I have visited Lubbock and love it for several reasons. I am contemplating moving there soon. My main questions are about the schools and daycare (childcare) options.

I dont think Ill have much time or that it will be possible to find a daycare soo soon until I find a job. If I move, it will be pretty quick and I can only work days at this point. In my field, its almost impossible to find a day shift as a new employee. If I am able to find a day position, Im looking at the Boys and Girls Club there in Lubbock. There's a few.

I have not had any experience with this club and I dont have a clue how they work. I have some idea from looking online and I cant call until tomorrow. Id like some input if possible, from those that have used this club for your kids.

What's your opinion of it as in safety, fees, and hours?

My first question about a club like this is this: do the workers/volunteers have a background check of some sort done before being hired?

I dont want to come off as accusing or negative. Its just that I have always had family or personal friends who have watched my children. I have known the caretakers long before they started watching them. Im a bit paranoid in this area.

Secondly, the school the kids will most likely be in is Wilson Elementary. Does anyone have any personal experience with this school?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,589,026 times
I don't know much about the daycare issue, but Roscoe Wilson is one of the best elemetaries in Lubbock. They have a great magnet program which brings kids from all over the city. I have heard nothing but positive things about the school.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 10 days ago)

52,718 posts, read 48,035,881 times
Smile Now Is The Time

Come on to Lubbock. You're coming at just the right time, too. The city is in the midst of one of the biggest growth spurts ever, and may be on the verge of more. Regarding the background checks, it's better to have them and be safe than not at all. But come on in. You'll be amazed at the new things the city is getting, plus the new infrastructure going in. They are well on their way, I believe, to becoming the best "new" city in Texas. Best of all, if you move to the southwest side of town (I'd say west of Quaker and south of 82nd and over towards the Wolfforth area), nearly everything is new.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 19,347 times
Lubbock has several options when it comes to daycare. There are several Churches including First Baptist, Westminster Presbyterian, Lakeridge Baptist and several others that offer daycare programs. My children have attended both First Baptist and Westminster. There are also a number of public daycare facilities. I only know the name of one of the top of my head and that is Neighborhood Accadamy. Moderator cut: Advertising is not allowed. DM sent~also for a name change

Last edited by Jammie; 08-07-2008 at 07:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock