Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,706 times

Advertisements

Looking for some ideas on how to get the word out about a small business in Lubbock. We've never done this so any help would be appreciated. We've started a Facebook group for one service we offer, and a fan page. Where do we go from there? How do you get the community in the know? Any connections/strings you guys know of?

Mike
http://budurl.com/yellowcab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 04:37 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Your link isn't working. Can you tell us a little about your business?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:36 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Here's a link for you, OP. This should offer a little guidance.

Lubbock Economic Development Alliance

Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Your link isn't working. Can you tell us a little about your business?
It's a link to our Facebook Fan page.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxcg View Post
It's a link to our Facebook Fan page.
Yeah...my computer is just taking me to the facebook home page. It really depends on the type of business you're starting. In general, I would say print out some simple flyers and pass them out on the Tech campus. Word would spread from there, but that would really only work if your target market includes college students. I would also suggest just putting flyers in peoples' doorways. You could call up local high schools and say you are interested in putting coupons in a fundraiser booklets or buying advirtisment signs. (In fact, that's how I found out about Dion's Pizza.) People in Lubbock are very glad to have another good business, and if it's good and legitamate, word will spread quickly.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxcg View Post
Looking for some ideas on how to get the word out about a small business in Lubbock. We've never done this so any help would be appreciated. We've started a Facebook group for one service we offer, and a fan page. Where do we go from there? How do you get the community in the know? Any connections/strings you guys know of?

Mike
http://budurl.com/yellowcab
Several years ago, as a hobby and from my own book collections, I started an online book search and bookstore dealing in a specialized topic. I developed an online webpage with search features, a check out with credit card payments, then registered the store at most of the online search engines. We also advertised via mailouts, many of the national free classified ads and via other bookstores and sites of the same interest. The thing took off and soon we began reprinting turn-of-the-century out-of-copyright volumes that I had in my library. Soon I had two jobs, the one I commuted to each morning and the one I came home to each night, e.g. order taking, reprinting where needed, packing and shipping. The income became significant but family health matters made it difficult to continue so eventually we had to give it up entirely. Although several years ago, from the ads, I still get letters regarding the old website.

I would say the initial success of a small business relates 99% to effective advertising. After that it becomes good service and prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
View detailed profiles of: