U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

4,721 posts, read 8,005,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiefodder View Post
you will experience racism in lubbock if you are not white. it maynot be cross burnings, lynchings or dragging deaths (like in jasper,tx), but in comes in the form of "invisible man treatment" or the "if your not white, we're not polite." or police harassment. you'll know what i'm talking about if you've met a racist.this is a city that ened alcohol prohibition in 2009. alot of people there think that japan is a city in china and that south america is a part of mexico. interracial couples or people are hated the worst. its very rare that a white person there will even make eye contact with different person. i lived there for years, anyone who says different is probably a white person that thinks that because they don't see or experience racism and they aren't racist, that it doesn't exsist. go there, you'll see. to most of the so called christians in the bible belt/std capital of america, you have to be white to be american or sometimes even considered a human. its a city mostly full of biggots that don't realized there's a whole world outside the loop.
Moderator cut: off topic/personal Take a look at the classroom I'm in right now (of the 33 kids, 15 are white, 6 are Hispanic, 3 are Hispanic/white, 3 are Black, 2 Black/white, 1 Chinese, 2 Indian, and 1 Sri Lankan all intermingling). Take a look at Texas Tech (over 100 nationalities represented here). Take a look at my earlier post, and tell me you're serious.

Last edited by Bo; 01-19-2010 at 09:30 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 8,720 times
so you are one of the people who are not racist, dude. when i went to frenship, most people thought filipinos were chinese mexicans, just one example. you've never been called a ***** by a teacher. its true that the new generation of kids is less racist that the one's i went to school with, but don't assume that having a diverse classroom ends racism. i bet when a cop pulls you over, he doesn't search you instantly. alot of older people of lubbock were the racist ones, thankfully people like you show that their beliefs are dying out. notice that in all my threads i never say everybody there is racist, but nowhere else have i ecountered such a large number of odvious and hidden racists, and i've been around the world, three times. you don't understand racism until you've lived it, so stop assuming that everyone is non-racist like you.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 AM

4,721 posts, read 8,005,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiefodder View Post
so you are one of the people who are not racist, dude. when i went to frenship, most people thought filipinos were chinese mexicans, just one example. you've never been called a ***** by a teacher. its true that the new generation of kids is less racist that the one's i went to school with, but don't assume that having a diverse classroom ends racism. i bet when a cop pulls you over, he doesn't search you instantly. alot of older people of lubbock were the racist ones, thankfully people like you show that their beliefs are dying out. notice that in all my threads i never say everybody there is racist, but nowhere else have i ecountered such a large number of odvious and hidden racists, and i've been around the world, three times. you don't understand racism until you've lived it, so stop assuming that everyone is non-racist like you.
I'm not assuming; I know for a fact. I'm dating a Hispanic girl right now, and I've never encountered anything like what you've described. Lubbock's highest paid public official is Indian. LISD's new superintendent is white with a Hispanic husband. I haven't run into any of these "older bigots" with the "obvious and hidden" (logical fallacy) racism you keep describing. The fact is that racists wouldn't tolerate a city that is almost minority-majority. Racists aren't "politically correct" to begin with, so why would they bother hiding their hate? I just think the problem is that you went to Frenship. It's a completely different story now.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,105 posts, read 36,310,156 times
Several posts above were deleted. Here are a few reminders from the TOS for members in this thread.

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

Last edited by Bo; 01-19-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
View detailed profiles of: