Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:50 AM

13 posts, read 31,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Macon is an hour, hour and 15 min drive from one of the largest metropolitan cities in the Nation. We get to enjoy the amenities of Atlanta and return back home in the same night. You're telling me that's not an advantage over other mid-sized cities that arent ANYWHERE near a metro of similar size as Atlanta???
What good is Atlanta doing Macon? None.

It's just this simple - promoters look at a site like Pollstar. Once they see the pathetic turnouts for anything in Macon, they pass. People in Macon don't support anything but all you can eat buffets. For the few shows that the Capitol get - they are always people who are on the downside of their careers, and then they grossly overcharge for the concerts.

The Capitol won't be open within a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Macon is an hour, hour and 15 min drive from one of the largest metropolitan cities in the Nation. We get to enjoy the amenities of Atlanta and return back home in the same night. You're telling me that's not an advantage over other mid-sized cities that arent ANYWHERE near a metro of similar size as Atlanta???
Exactly which side of this discussion are you on King_9.5? Why would anyone invest, build or use a hotel/residential tower in Macon when it is located just one hour away from one of the largest metro areas in the nation? Just why would anyone even live in Macon with Atlanta just a tad north?
Quote:
Just look at some of your comparisons.
I said like-sized cities. Second tier if you will. Unfortunately there is no perfect comparison. I knew, without a doubt, you would pick apart the size comparisons of the like-sized cities, all the while adding nothing to support your claims.
I am not going to discuss the differences in concert scenes in the different cities you and I have visited. I know what Macon has to offer and I know what other cities have to offer. So do you.
This thread is about attracting business/growth to Macon, and you are telling me to go see Joe Bonamassa in Atlanta (who I will probably go see in Savannah, by the way. Not Macon, Savannah.). Great job on your part. I am sold on Macon now.
(Yet again you are on the losing side of supporting your city. It is sad.)

Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,530,696 times
Are they done pre planning!?

Old 11-19-2011, 01:35 PM

TOLD to have 3 floors of hotel space, 8 floors of condo & a club resturant on the top floor. so in total 12 floors, and they are said to have 140 apartment homes. phrase two is now in planning by designers aswell as phrase one

Old 12-05-2011, 02:16 PM

242 posts, read 340,723 times
UPDATE !!!!!

Renderings of the hotel and office buildings start at page 92.from the renderings the otel/condo tower looks to be about 15-16 stories the office building will be 5.

http://www.newtownmacon.com/wp-conte...-districts.pdf

Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
UPDATE !!!!!

Renderings of the hotel and office buildings start at page 92.from the renderings the otel/condo tower looks to be about 15-16 stories the office building will be 5.

http://www.newtownmacon.com/wp-conte...-districts.pdf
Wow thanks, I've been trying to find the pic for about 2 years, I'm glad I got on today. Looks pretty nice too, I like the idea of the 2nd model better.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:46 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBartkowski View Post
What good is Atlanta doing Macon? None.

It's just this simple - promoters look at a site like Pollstar. Once they see the pathetic turnouts for anything in Macon, they pass. People in Macon don't support anything but all you can eat buffets. For the few shows that the Capitol get - they are always people who are on the downside of their careers, and then they grossly overcharge for the concerts.

The Capitol won't be open within a year.
North Macon seems to be benefiting from Atlanta.BTW,Not nice,but I admit funny about eating at buffets.

If Macon had focus and great leadership like Augusta now has in there Mayor.there is no reason Macon could not be like a smaller version of Madison Wisconsin.Macon problem is that its lost a LOT of jobs.It used to be teeming with large employers.I think Macon has great bones and its Downtown is "quaint".
I took some friends from France there for a day (on 2 different occasions)before the Music Hall of Fame closed.We had a great time!They thought it was beautiful with character.Of course it needs work but people coming together who have VISION will make it what it should be eventually.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM

I really think that this hise rise development project is going to really spur more of these type developments in DT Macon; somewhat how Bass Pro did for North Macon/ Bibb county.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
I really think that this hise rise development project is going to really spur more of these type developments in DT Macon; somewhat how Bass Pro did for North Macon/ Bibb county.
If they could just get a couple of more Highrises they will be just fine, Hey what about the macon Centre center project that was in the document. What will that be like...???

Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
If they could just get a couple of more Highrises they will be just fine, Hey what about the macon Centre center project that was in the document. What will that be like...???

Are you refering the bibb Mill project across from the Macon Centreplex; thats going to be a Mixed used development as well which will include 2 low end hotels to complement the Centreplex, which will also include an office complex and residential units. It still in the proposed stage, the last time I heard they were still trying to finalize what type of hotels to bring with out conflicting with the New Marriott Hotel which was just built next the colisuem/Centreplex. Plus the developer wants to try to have half of the residential units sold before construction starts.... It going to similar to the High rise mixed used development but on a lower scale....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon