Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:45 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,577,033 times

Advertisements

This project will be a bust. No demand in Macon at all for anything like this. Atlanta is struggling to do projects like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM

242 posts, read 338,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
This project will be a bust. No demand in Macon at all for anything like this. Atlanta is struggling to do projects like this.

Whatever dude, Stop trying to bash and curse this project.... Because columbus is a longggg way away from getting something like this......

Old 12-15-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Hey Also check new completed mixed used developments "The Lofts at Mercer Village " and "Mercer Village"
Mercer Village and The Lofts at Mercer Village
Mercer Village is a retail and restaurant destination located in Macon, Georgia’s historic College Hill Corridor. The Village sits across from Mercer University, with easy access to I-75, InTown Macon and as well as Downtown.

"OH YEAH THATS SOMETHING ELSE YOU CAN ADD TO THAT LONG LIST OF THINGS THATS NOT IN COLUMBUS"

Old 12-15-2011, 05:26 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,577,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
Whatever dude, Stop trying to bash and curse this project.... Because columbus is a longggg way away from getting something like this......
I doubt it ever gets off of the ground. It will be a huge failure just like everything else in Macon.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I doubt it ever gets off of the ground. It will be a huge failure just like everything else in Macon.
Hirlarious

Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM

35 posts, read 100,918 times
I normally don't post here,because all i ever see is immature post about how good or bad macon is. but having some inside knowledge of the project I will share.first. the developers having two lenders competing for this project.Also several of the condo's have already been spoken for.As for the Hotel it's market is a small group of professional who come to macon mon-thur.It's hard to find a upper tier hotel room in macon mon-thur.the project is still scheduled to break ground by the end of 2012 and the first phase open in 2014.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemacon View Post
I normally don't post here,because all i ever see is immature post about how good or bad macon is. but having some inside knowledge of the project I will share.first. the developers having two lenders competing for this project.Also several of the condo's have already been spoken for.As for the Hotel it's market is a small group of professional who come to macon mon-thur.It's hard to find a upper tier hotel room in macon mon-thur.the project is still scheduled to break ground by the end of 2012 and the first phase open in 2014.

Thanks for the the Update/Insight on this project.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:51 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,506,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
Are you refering the bibb Mill project across from the Macon Centreplex; thats going to be a Mixed used development as well which will include 2 low end hotels to complement the Centreplex, which will also include an office complex and residential units. It still in the proposed stage, the last time I heard they were still trying to finalize what type of hotels to bring with out conflicting with the New Marriott Hotel which was just built next the colisuem/Centreplex. Plus the developer wants to try to have half of the residential units sold before construction starts.... It going to similar to the High rise mixed used development but on a lower scale....
Sounds great, they do need to build on the coleseum side though and get rid of that dirt, so yes thats a good plan, besides macon only has like 2 hotels downtown, that will really help a lot

Old 12-30-2011, 06:14 PM

35 posts, read 100,918 times
rendering of the project
Attached Thumbnails
Hotel/residential tower and Mix Used Project Planned for Downtown Macon-top20-riverfront.jpg  

Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM

17 posts, read 39,481 times
Sooo... anything interesting going on at the site of this project? You said it would break ground in late 2012... Is it still on, or do I need to release my hopes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon