Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:24 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
Maybe Macon would be a more appealing place if they simply renamed it BACON.
LOL. The dogs would especially love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 06:35 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbee View Post
Hi , family and I were up there during the cherry blossom festival and was quite pleased with Macon and the way the city was laid out. Husband looked for work there for body shop painter but found nothing however we saw 2 houses there near lake wildwood that really we could get IF he had gotten a job... I noticed unemployment is 10% there, at least on this website, but that was 2003. Anyone out there who could tell their tale about this area would be great.
I have learned that if you do not have a pleasant view of Macon, certain members of this site will pounce and either call you a racist or biased. Basically you are not allowed to have and form your own opinion of the place. So that is why I never responded to your question. And that is why nearly no one else with a less than perfect reflection of the place responded either. Read into that what you will.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Macon-Bacon.... I like that name.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:58 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
Macon-Bacon.... I like that name.
It has a nice 70s ring to it.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,329 times
Macon, Ga is a terribly regressive, provincial town that is DEAD - no growth, only broken down closed up building downtown. I read these comments before I moved here and more or less ignored them. You'll be sorry if you move here. !!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM

178 posts, read 499,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsikesbell View Post
Macon, Ga is a terribly regressive, provincial town that is DEAD - no growth, only broken down closed up building downtown. I read these comments before I moved here and more or less ignored them. You'll be sorry if you move here. !!!!
There was nothing dead about downtown Macon when I went out last Friday night to Element.

There's lots of growth in the southern section of Macon that borders Byron and Warner Robins. There's plenty of construction in South Macon on and around I-75 near Hartley Bridge Road. North Macon has always been nice too.

Let's not flood the board with fictional posts.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM

178 posts, read 499,215 times
I suppose this is the dead downtown with nothing but closed up buildings.

YouTube - ‪First Fridays - Downtown Macon GA‬‏

Old 07-09-2011, 03:40 PM

32 posts, read 143,863 times
Default I Also wonder

I myself am looking into the area. I noticed there is a lot of talk about W.R.,but on here and on craiglist the city itself seems non-existent. I am not sure about the crime in Macon or proverty,but from the inhabitants i seem to hear a theme. Ever since Macon has continued to grow in diversity in blacks and mexicans it has gone bad, supposedly..I hear this in every city, this is said about Atl and D.C., meanwhile these are two of very few cities with actual jobs growth and decrease in crime. I;d like to hear an unbiased view based on the actual city. What' companies are leaving, because my research has shown the opposite...? I see low cost of living, jobs the same rate of loss as everyone else, a commute to colleges,medical centers and an Air Force base within 15mins?

Old 07-09-2011, 03:42 PM

32 posts, read 143,863 times
My research shows CPS jobs +811 and year to year 1300....someone fill me in on actual facts and not your feelings about minorities taking over....and all that stuff, just real is the city growing in jobs and growing in development or not.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 PM

38 posts, read 51,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentyoung12 View Post
There was nothing dead about downtown Macon when I went out last Friday night to Element.

There's lots of growth in the southern section of Macon that borders Byron and Warner Robins. There's plenty of construction in South Macon on and around I-75 near Hartley Bridge Road. North Macon has always been nice too.

Let's not flood the board with fictional posts.

Plenty of construction in South Macon? Really? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon