Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfanatiq View Post
nothing like randomly finding an 8 year old thread to make your very first post on the website that also just happens to be ignorant, misleading, and exaggerated. This happens on so many threads all over the site. Shame.
Haha. Perfect response. Tnanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 06:09 PM

49 posts, read 82,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
Haha. Perfect response. Tnanks.
No Problem. I just posted a thread with some pics from Bragg Jam. You know it's a shame to see people out in Macon enjoying themselves. They all need to be miserable like some suggest and seemingly want to see. Yeah right. Bitter people, I tell ya.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlebie View Post
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Macon, Georgia is quite literally the armpit of the world. The vast majority of the population is ignorant, uneducated and inbred. Summer lasts 8 months and features stagnant, unbearable humidity. Paper plant adds to rotten stench, it's much like living inside a gigantic, smelly, sweaty sock locked inside a hot car. Brief winter is cold and wet. No spring or fall worth mentioning, if you're lucky, a smattering of a few days of each. The drivers are some of the worst in the U.S., and you'll be hard pressed to find non Mcdonald's-type jobs. Most in the city of Macon proper don't work at all, and live off of welfare and public housing. $8/hour is considered an excellent-paying job in Macon. Trash and litter everywhere, as is mega-amplified bass-thump coming from ridiculously painted $200 cars with $1800 "rims". If you want to live where ignorant rednecks and ghetto-trash cultures collide, then Macon's your place. Don't say somebody didn't warn you!!!
Welcome to City Data!

Last edited by Newsboy; 07-28-2014 at 06:32 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
No Problem. I just posted a thread with some pics from Bragg Jam. You know it's a shame to see people out in Macon enjoying themselves. They all need to be miserable like some suggest and seemingly want to see. Yeah right. Bitter people, I tell ya.
It reminds me of the military wife from Canada who was living in Savannah up until a couple of year ago and HATED the place. She was constantly on the forums bashing everything about the city and asking how anybody could POSSIBLY in their right mind live here. It was ridiculous. Eventually we just let her rant, understanding that Savannah was not her problem and that somebody like that is likely unhappy anywhere

I mean, seriously: It's one thing to live in a city and not like it, but it's quite another to completely ignore all the positive things about a place and constantly insult those people who do like it. That's the way I see Macon: There are still many things for the city to overcome, but whenever I drive through I see so much potential. It's truly a matter of choosing to see the glass as half full or half empty.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 PM

24 posts, read 27,039 times
Quote:
nothing like randomly finding an 8 year old thread to make your very first post on the website that also just happens to be ignorant, misleading, and exaggerated. This happens on so many threads all over the site. Shame.
...and also true. I have lived in or near Macon for over 30 years, so I would know. I challenge anyone to come find out for themselves and report their findings.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
..and also true. I have lived in or near Macon for over 30 years, so I would know. I challenge anyone to come find out for themselves and report their findings.
Wow. You've lived for 30 years in a place that you hate that much? What does that say about you?! Which part of the Macon you described do YOU fall in?

Old 07-28-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Wow. You've lived for 30 years in a place that you hate that much? What does that say about you?! Which part of the Macon you described do YOU fall in? Ignorant redneck or ghetto-trash?

I don't live in Macon anymore, I live near it, but you are correct. I am an ambitionless mo-ron, so I do fit in perfectly!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I mean, seriously: It's one thing to live in a city and not like it, but it's quite another to completely ignore all the positive things about a place and constantly insult those people who do like it. That's the way I see Macon: There are still many things for the city to overcome, but whenever I drive through I see so much potential. It's truly a matter of choosing to see the glass as half full or half empty.
Hit us with some positives! I'm sure there has to be something, I mean even the fourth level of hell probably has some perks. NuWay Weiners, maybe? I think the Macon glass is about 1/16th full. Warner Robbins vying for bottom of the barrel right along with it!!!

Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 AM

49 posts, read 82,449 times
Quote:
...and also true. I have lived in or near Macon for over 30 years, so I would know. I challenge anyone to come find out for themselves and report their findings.
Is this a joke? For someone who claims to be so high and mighty, you sure don't have a problem saying completely incorrect things. You just said the entire city has a stench because of a paper plant and that MOST of the people in the city don't work and live off welfare. Obvious, untrue exaggerations. You claim to have lived in the Macon area for 30 years, but spell Warner Robins as "Warner Robbins?" You supposedly dislike redneck, Macon, and Warner Robins but claim to have lived near Macon for years. Macon and Warner Robins are the least redneck towns in the area, so what are you saying? I challenge you to actually post links or statistics that back what you claim and to use spell check, because right now you are posting foolishness. If a person has to intentionally exaggerate and say false things to give their negative opinion of something, it says more about them than whatever it is they're complaining about.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:27 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,239 times
Quote:
That's the way I see Macon: There are still many things for the city to overcome, but whenever I drive through I see so much potential.
As a former resident of the Macon area I always felt obligated to present my view of the area to people who were considering relocation to Macon. More often than not my opinion was in direct opposition to many of the regular posters in this forum. For that matter, it still is. And since I no longer live in the area I no longer have a dog in this fight, but just like when you happen across a car accident, I cannot help but sneak a peek, to see whats going on. I am still waiting to see the effects of the now two year old consolidation. I am still waiting for a significant drop in crime, a significant rise in individual income, a significant elevation in the public school ratings, etc.. I am waiting for a reason to no longer warn off potential movers to the area based on what I observed and experienced in my years in the area.
I am waiting for all that potential you mention to morph into reality.

Quote:
It's truly a matter of choosing to see the glass as half full or half empty.
A perfect way to look at the Macon area. The glass possesses half of its potential.
The area I have moved to is remarkably similar to the Macon area in demographics. Its glass is 3/4 full. Always room for improvement, but certainly moving in the right direction and not stagnant. Individual incomes are substantially higher, crime substantially lower, commercial and residential construction is borderline booming, certainly on the upswing. There are several (2) tower cranes downtown (meaning high rise construction), [a 'barometer' I use to assess the health of any city I visit, Charlotte has four tower cranes, Atlanta five]. The "vibrancy" of my new downtown area is in stark contrast to what I have experienced in downtown Macon.
A funny thing happens while one waits for potential to morph into reality, time slips into the future.
Macon does have one endearing quality in my book. Quality of life in the region (social, economic, etc.) cannot get much worse, since up is about the only direction it can go.

Signing out, but always lurking,
Bulldawgfan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon