Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 07:51 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,278,489 times

Advertisements

airforceguy you are like Georgia's #1 reporter. I really like your posts. Thanks. Also just wanted to say I finally visited Macon and will be doing so from now on with new friends. A very nice town, lot of potential for even more scenic developments and parks along the river. Nice historic buildings and neighborhoods. The Ocmulgee National Park is fantastic and great it is so close. The second-tier cities in Georgia are awesome. I like how they are comfortable midsize cities but all have so much stuff in them and scenic areas nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:15 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,171,669 times
Thanks SavannahLife! I try to stay abreast of all things happening in Georgia's second-tier cities. I truly believe that cities like Savannah, Columbus, Macon and Augusta have so much potential to be bigger than they are today. With the right leadership and vision, these cities can truly become a force to be reckoned with here in the Southeast.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:16 AM

New Historic Macon loan programs set for unveiling | Local & State | Macon.com

Old 01-29-2015, 07:32 PM

Locally owned Kudzu Seafood opens in downtown Macon | Business | Macon.com

Old 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,480,629 times
I POSTED THIS IN THE MACON TRANSIT THREAD, BUT IM REPOSTING HERE BECAUSE I FEEL AS THOUGH THOSE IN GOVERNMENT POSITIONS IN THE CENTRAL GA AREA, PARTICULARY MACON-BIBB AND WARNER ROBINS NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE IF THEY EVER WANT TO COMPETE WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD OR EVEN THE REST OF GEORGIA FOR THAT MATTER AND EVER BE A TRUE HEALTHY METRO AREA WITH A HEALTHY ECONOMY. IT ALL STARTS WITH UNITY

Well to be Honest with you, this is a MACON Problem Period... The MTA Bus System just isnt running where the Population is anymore. Reason being Most of the Macon Residents have moved to the outer portions of Bibb and Houston County,or Yes ATLANTA, while the Inner Core Near Downtown has suffered like Crazy and nothing or very little has been done to redevelop the Inner City. They Just Tear down the Delapated homes thinking thats going to solve Macons Problem and leave a Ghost Town with Empty holes, Isolated looking place. Prime Examples, Sections of 2nd, 3rd St. and Houston Ave. Even Shopping Centers like the WestGate Area looks like something out of a Zombie Movie, Ridiculous. On top of all of that, The bus Routes havent Changed in YEARS, Still pretty much run in the same Areas it has well over 20 to 30 years Ago. The only reason the City can even half way compete with other 2nd Tier Cities is Consolidation, and the people within the City and County Government knew that they had no other Choice, thats the only reason why they did it. My opinion and yes this is my personal opinion, i think one of Macons Biggest Mistakes was Changing there Transit Bus Style to a bunch of CutAway Buses, They look like a bunch of Church Buses Running around a City which is Ridiculous. For a City Macon's size that is not Appropriate. CutAway Buses should be Used for disabled Customers only, Not the GENERAL Population. They Claim they Changed to CutAWAYs due to Cost Efficiency and the Green Nature of the Buses,, SMH..Who ever is making the Decisions in Macon-Bibb County sure can make some bad decisions and make the City look bad, but whats New, this has been going on for YEARS. The better plan would have been to Expand the System County Wide, Especially since the City and County has Consolidated. Especially in Areas in Shopping Districts of North, West and South Bibb County or Macon Now that it has Supposedly Consolidated. Build Transit Hubs in the Suburban Corners of the County with Mini Park and Ride Lots and Bus Shelters. Build a Healthy Bus System with Regular Transit Buses that People can see it is a real TRANSIT SYSTEM and they will ride it. Focus on a Real Regional System Covering both Macon-Bibb and Warner Robins Houston County with real Transit Buses and Shelters for the Public and watch Rideship increase. The Macon Transit Authroity worries about the wrong things like Facilities and Terminal Stations, SMH, more than the System itself or the Citizens. The crazy part is they have lacked for years even getting Bus Shelter in the Parts of Town that needed them the Most, Prime Example Houston Ave. To be Honest the People of Macon has just what the people running there Govt. WANT them to have and it has been that way for years now. Some things never Change no matter what year it is sad to say. If you want better Services that you expect from a healthy Metro Area, Your only real option is to Leave, i have faced that fact...You cant beat a dead Horse

Old 01-30-2015, 04:13 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,258,941 times
Hijacking threads=bad
emailing, phoning, writing goverment officials to bring problems to their attention=good

Old 02-02-2015, 09:31 AM

Groundbreaking for new Mercer projects is Wednesday | Local & State | Macon.com

Old 02-11-2015, 08:14 PM

This year is off to a good start with business openings. I'm looking forward to see what the next 12 to 24 months brings....
New commercial furniture business to open in downtown Macon | Business | Macon.com

Old 02-13-2015, 08:19 AM

Celebrate Mardi Gras in downtown Macon | Out & About | Macon.com

Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Which Wich will be joining Dukin Donuts in Downtown Macon...
Which Wich sandwich shop coming to Macon | Business | Macon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon