Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,212 times

Advertisements

I guess you can call me the "hippie" artsy type. I'm not a christian. I have been homeschooled for 9 years. I was home schooled because I traveled the world with my mom when they decided to divorce. My mom wants me to spend my senior year of high school with my dad at a public high school. My father lives outside of Macon, I don't remember the town name at the top of my head. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little scared.

So here is my question to all of you who have lived or currently living in Macon and/or surrounding areas, are people in and outside of Macon very conservative and religious?

Do any of you think I'll be able to survive my senior year without any serious problems?

Do they have yoga classes in gyms/yoga studios in Macon? I'm a certified yoga instructor and would be able to work part time during my senior year.

...that's if yoga is even practiced in Macon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,103,187 times
Please do not fall victim to the "Painting with a broad brush" syndrome. I see it done far too often online about many things. In other words, when you have metropolitan areas with hundreds of thousands of people, I dont buy that people cant find others with similar interests as them. This is especially true for younger people, and you're even much younger than me (in my 20s). When I look at all the colleges around here, and when I consider just how diverse the interests of younger people are nowadays, I have no doubt that you can find other "hippie artsy" type of people to become friends with. It may not be "in your face" at every moment like in San Francisco or the like, but it's not hard to find people like that here. It seems like half of the Mercer, Wesleyan, etc. girls I run into are like that.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:45 AM

36 posts, read 37,640 times
I don't think you will have any issues with high school here. Everyone is different and have different beliefs, but middle Georgia is very diverse

Look online for yoga classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: