Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:34 PM
PJA

2,460 posts, read 3,154,561 times

Advertisements

I found this on youtube.

YouTube - The Shoppes at River Crossing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 05:57 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,023,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentyoung12 View Post
lol, please tell me what makes East St. Louis bigger than Macon? Especially "Much Much Larger"
I think you may be confusing some things.

East Saint Louis is in a much larger metropolitan area than Macon.....However, it doesnt take away from the FACT that Macon is larger than East St. Louis, by more than double in sq. miles.
Be careful there, stat man. If you have never visited the places you are looking up you will find things to be different than what you expect. Do you realize that, based on population, Nashville is bigger than Atlanta? Or based on area, that Jacksonville, Fl. is more than twice as big as New York City? So, there you have it... Nashville is bigger than Atlanta and Jacksonville is bigger than New York City. Stats, they ain't what they are cracked up to be. Nothing is better than seeing what you are talking about. I have. Have you? Didn't think so. No need to respond, surrender noted.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 PM

178 posts, read 496,707 times
Peelo, must be some child. LOL he gets upset enough over comment on city-data that he private messages me his phone number in order to arrange a meeting? Speaking of slum dwelling. Seems like Peelo more fits the mold of an "internet thug" than anything. I'm not a chick, dont private message me a phone number, This isnt a gay dating website.

Peelo I dont have to know you personally to know that you're a hyprocrite. You act as if you are so hurt and upset that Mayor and Yerocal so called are giving people 1 side of the story about Macon, but yet when you do the exact same thing its ok?

LAME double standard.

I noticed people on here love to make negative generalization about other people's cities, but when someone does the same to theirs they get upset.
Peelo doesnt expect Maconites to mention the positives of their town when it is being bashed, yet I saw him crying when someone made a comment about Dublin.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:43 PM

bulldawgfan, what you said doesnt make any sense, considering you cant compare hub cities like nashville and jacksonville, to a "East Saint Louis"
Still you didnt prove anything. Tell me how East Saint Louis is bigger than Macon? Its not "bigger." It's just more densely populated in the middle of a much larger metro, making it a more urban area, with its 30+ thousand people
staying in an area of 14.4. sq miles. I only brought up the small square mileage to display that its a pretty congested area and Macon is spead out.

Jacksonville is more spread out than NYC, just as Macon is more spread out than E. St. Louis.
I'm pretty sure you're ignorantly considering other adjacent communities/cities as "East St. Louis" when they are their own seperate towns.

Besides when I say "larger" I'm specifically talking about space within the city proper. I'm not talking population. So in sq. miles. Jacksonville is bigger than NYC and Nashville is bigger than ATL, in sq. miles.

I was specifically talking in square miles before, what you have just said is irrelevant and doesnt disprove anything that I was talking about.

For an example, Yes I'm aware NYC has millions more people in its metro than Jacksonville and I'm aware ATL has millions more in his metro area than NASHVILLE, but still does this disprove the fact that Jacksonville and Nashville's city propers are LARGER in sq. miles? No it doesnt. You FAIL.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Also, I am hoping "Peelo" isnt a grown man, to get upset enough over city-data opinions that he really thinks someone wants to call him or meet up with him to argue about this lol. Dude, if you were really such a tough guy and lookin for trouble, then you would fit JUST RIGHT in the "Ghetto Slums" you claim to hate so much.

If a person is SERIOUSLY willing to scuffle over city-data comments, then imagine how ruthless they must be to people they interact with in person that they disagree with. Peelo if you're that much of a tough guy, then you would be in jail or dead from many altercations, so obviously you're not.

I mean is this dude serious sendin Private Messages like this?
(I'm not understanding it, If I am a big mouth coward for calling you out, what does that make you for spewing hate about a city? With a message like this, You'd think I had said something about his mother)

Today, 06:44 PM
Peelo
175 posts, read 28,127 times

Just what I thought .....another slum dwelling big mouth coward...LOL....You talk big chicken ****....when you get some hair around your ass, my number is 550-4619. I would be more than happy to meet you and have you tell me all that **** you talk to my face...that is, if you are man enough...LOL......

Old 05-10-2008, 07:11 PM

LMAO...sorry this is just the funniest and sorriest excuse for a piece of crap I've saw on here.

What's with the logic of this Peelo dude?

"I hate savaged minded ghetto scum, but I'm willing to give you my number and meet up with you for confrontation because you dont agree with my city-data.com comments"

Oh and Yes I can call you a hyprocrite and liar because you are. Oh yeah, I have been to Dublin in broad daylight and saw trashy people hangin around gas stations and thugs saggin roaming the streets. This is the main reason I say not many people around georgia have much room to talk. I have saw these same things in Dublin, Milledgeville, Eastman, Jeffersonville and Warner Robins, you name it. Stop acting like you've only saw it in Macon.

The last time I visited a friend in Warner Robins, it was nothing but thugs hangin out at this gas station off of Elberta Rd. (I believe it was Conoco, right up from some apartments, and it was at the end of that Rd. and met with another busy street)

As a matter of fact, my East Macon neighborhoods looks a lot nicer than the last parts of Eastman and Dublin I was in to visit fam.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:24 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,023,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentyoung12 View Post
bulldawgfan, Yes I FAIL.
Makes sense to me.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:27 PM

12 posts, read 58,495 times
The only place I know thats good in Macon is Riverside drive. Thats only what, 10 or 15% of macon? The rest is decay. Never seen anymore good then 15%. But I have seen 85 to 90% bad in Macon. Im glad I live in Warner Robins. The only thing thats real bad in Warner Robins is the Mayor

Old 05-10-2008, 07:42 PM

Umm, the Baconsfield area behind Kroger in East Macon isnt Decay, The Walnut Creek area (around Walter P. Jones), Shurlington, and Lake Arrowhead in East Macon isnt Decay. The residential area up from Northeast High School isnt decay (school maybe bad from thugs it attracts from fort hill). Actually these neighborhoods are mostly middle class with some upper class. Also on the westside...coming from I-75 on Mercer Univ. until you get to the mall it is ghetto, but all the areas past that like out by Westside High isnt bad, Vineville isnt bad. Also, like it or not bloomfield is pretty rough but there is a portion of it across the street from Harvest Cathedral which isnt that bad at all. all in all I'd say we are 50-50 or 60-40 good/bad bad/good...which ever way you want to look at it, but most certainly Riverside Drive is not the only nice area.

lol, So Riverside Dr. is the ONLY nice part of Macon and Warner Robins is all oh so swell except the mayor. I guess that area by Northside doesnt count.

East Macon really isnt bad except for 1 bad neighborhood out of a bunch. Never see it mentioned as even at least "decent". I'm pretty sure I know why.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Makes sense to me.
Still didnt prove your point lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon