Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:13 AM

511 posts, read 2,476,541 times

Advertisements

One hundred miles or one hour away, Macon sits south of Atlanta. Macon is stated as having its own metropolitan area, and in no shape form or fashion is considered an Atlanta suburb. Yes there are many commuters that go from here to Atlanta everyday, but this does not NECCESSARILY mean Macon is an Atlanta suburb. As Atlanta continues to stretch south and Macon north some people and organizations are starting to think Macon is an Atlanta suburb. Organizations like the (SCL) South Coast League of Professional Baseball (Minor League Baseball Organization, with teams like the Macon Music, and South Georgia Peanuts).

Well in a statement to the local Macon news station 13WMAZ, SCL stated that I quote "The League has announced that the League Headquaters will be moved from the current location in Conyers Georgia to the Atlanta suburb of Macon, they later went on to say "Locationg the League Offices in Macon allows us the opportunity to remain in the suburban metro Atlanta area while utlitzing historic Luther Williams Field as a base for league activities". Macon is not a suburb by assocation.

Here's the story http://www.13wmaz.com/sports/sport_story.aspx?storyid=46856 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 AM

Wanna see what the people of Atlanta think click the link and join in the conversation! //www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ml#post2299020

Old 12-28-2007, 09:32 PM

9 posts, read 24,622 times
I am thinking of moving to macon- Is there a full contact youth football league??? Please advise.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:47 AM

Yes there is a full contact youth football league down at the largest park in Central Georgia the Central City Park in Downtown Macon. The program also features a flag football league for younger children and an adult league. I will relay further information to you later today such as beginning dates, registration costs, whats payed for, past events, location, pratices, and more.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:47 AM

177 posts, read 221,412 times
Yeah....you cant miss Central City Park...Just pull over and ask any crackhead where "Crackhead Mecca" is and they will point you right to it (for a small fee of course) And, as a bonus, if you drive right down the street (and it doesnt matter what time of day it is) you can see all the drunks "brown bagging" it outside the liquor store, watch the prostitutes walk happily down the street in the winter breeze, check out the many crackhouses posing as carwashes and barber shops....AND..get this now...your are SURE to see many of the wonderful citizens of Macon walking around talking to themselves. Oh yeah!!! Macon is "the" place to be!!!LOL

Old 12-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Your lookin for an argument arent you, thats great.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:49 PM

177 posts, read 221,412 times
No, actually I`m not.

There is absolutely NO denying what I posted above. Central City Park is little more than a playground for thugs and crackheads. And everything else I posted can be seen on a simple car ride at ANY time during the day or night.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Macon is no more a "suburb" of Atlanta than Chattanooga is. Gawd, what will they think of next. The best way to tell if you ARE a "suburb" is this- whatever city you get your TV stations from is the city you are a suburb of. And Macon has its own TV stations.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:58 PM

Yea thats absolutely correct but Cox Digital Cable Channel 13 broadcast the Atlanta News Channel 2, and thats its the rest of the time the screen is blank. But I just wanted to share that with everyone, I laffed for days when I read the later, but hey whatever floats your boat I guess.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:44 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,096,883 times
Some people make Macon out to be much worse than it actually is. They act as if Macon is Camden, NJ or something. People act as if the only nice part of Macon is the Northside. I'm starting to think these comments are racially driven. I'm from East Macon. East Macon is home to quite a bit of middle class majority African American Communities. Sure, there are a COUPLE of bad areas in EAST MACON but for the most part its VERY LIVABLE and there are no shoot outs or fights nightly or even regularly in my East Macon Community. As a whole Macon is not THAT dangerous at all outside of certain pockets in South and West Macon. These people that are making Macon seems as it is some crime haven are crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon