Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:39 AM

177 posts, read 221,562 times

Advertisements

I`m really concerned about his "pull out immediately" policy on Iraq and of his backing of Israel giving up more land to the Palestinians. People think Iran is dangerous and that the Islamic jihadist are a terror now, if that were to happen, I`m telling you, we would be in a bigger mess (and a much more costly one, I might add) than we are now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
Obama also said he would unconditionally meet with our enemies... unconditionally?? that's just plain naive and reckless... You can't have the likes of Akmadenijad of Iran and Kil Jung Il of North Korea using the US president as a vehicle to gain good PR and legitimacy. He also said he would go into Pakistan without the consent of the Pakistani govt... that could prompt World War 3 as Pakistan has a nuclear arsenal as does India.. with tensions being as they are in the region... that could spark a regional nuclear war.
Obama is just too naive and inexperienced to be commander in chief.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM

511 posts, read 2,477,162 times
Default Terms of Service

The racial tension is higher in here than the Montgomery, Alabama in the early 1900's. Black, White, Yellow, Brown, Purple, Green, at the end of each word if it bears the word American, then whats the problem. I am African American and im not voting for Obama, not because he is black, or because I dont think this country is ready for that, but he doesnt talk about many of the things others and myself find important, and when he do talk about such things like Gas Prices, Healthcare, Social Security, & other topics, he doesnt make any sense. Like Disgusta said he's not voting for Obama because his policy on dealing with the war, not because of the fact that he is a black man.

I've heard of black people planning to vote for Obama because he is black, and thats just dumb, ignorant, selfish, and everything else in the book, but don't dog the man because he is black. We all have our opinions but I believe this has gotten to far out of hand, every other post is talking about the color of Obama, not the fact that he has a great chance of winning, not just because of the black vote, which only had a 40% show in the previous election, and even then a huge portion didnt vote for Al Sharpton, the black candidate at the time, but because the color of the man's skin, this is just as crazy as black people who decide to vote for Obama because he's black, grow up.

The sight Terms of Service states specifically "Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead." It also states for all of us who ware memerber to "Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards." Also if you read a little further amoung becoming a member "You warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws," and All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants. So I would appreciate if you all would stop with the racist remarksbecause alot of things that arent supposed to be said are being said, some violating everything I just stated above from the Terms of Service.

-Mayorofmacon2019

Last edited by MayorOfMacon2019; 01-31-2008 at 02:36 PM..

Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM

Give me a break Mayor!! Get off your soap box and learn to read!!!

NOBODY has said anything negative about him being black!!!! Yes, some (including myself) has said many will vote for him because he is black (which, in case you dont understand, is a FACT, not a racist statement). So put that card back in the deck...Like in most cases where black folks scream racism, it doesnt apply here.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 PM

Did I scream racist, I asked that you refrain from the remarks that you are making. Your right it doesnt apply here, because we're all civil, and whatyour saying shouldn't even be coming out of your mouth because it's not factual.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:27 PM

PLEASE share with me what I have said that wasnt factual??? You`re not even reading the damn posts, your just griping to be griping.

You are truly pathetic......LOL

Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 PM

Exclamation Mike Huckabee is Coming to Macon!

Republic Candidate Mike Huckabee will make his apperance in Macon, Georgia Sunday downtown in third street park. Mike Huckabee is a very great man, and im looking forward to him coming more than Barack Obama, Mike Huckabee has many great ideas, I support alot of his ideas except his stance on abortion and how he has handled it as Governor of Arkansas.

I do plan to attend the event, I will also look to retrieve images from the event, seeing how sucessful Barack Obama's event was. But I look forward to hear him speak as I highly consider giving my vote to Mike. Mike Huckabee is one candidate that plans to speak and to walk around town, which is even better news.

Huckabee to visit Macon on Sunday (broken link)

Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 PM

Thats what I thought.....
Now back to a productive conversation...Disgusta, what do think of McCain? He seems to be the front runner now, though I think Romney will get the nod (I`m hoping he doesnt!!)

Old 01-31-2008, 05:45 PM

Why is any legitimate criticism of Barack Obama automatically makes you a racist. His race has absolutely nothing to do with it. But I am getting sick of how his campaign and his friends in the media automaticallly jumping on anyone who criticizes his record (or lack thereof) as having racist motives.. Give me a break.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:53 PM

I am almost certain McCain will be the nominee..Huckabee is pulling too much of the conservative vote from Romney.
I would personally like to see a McCain Clinton matchup in the general election.. If Obama went up against McCain.. it would not even be a contest.. McCain would easily win the argument that Obama is far too inexperienced to be commander in chief..
If Obama is the nominee.. the debate will center on National Security and Foreign affairs which is McCains big strength and Obama's big weakness.. Obama would have to spend most of the time trying to convince voters that he is capable to handle foreign affairs and experienced enough to be commander in chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon