Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:36 PM

846 posts, read 1,416,893 times

Advertisements

Middle Georgia Regional Airport could soon have flights taking off to the nation’s capital.

Macon-Bibb County was notified last week that a $4.7 million annual subsidy was awarded for flights to Washington, D.C. The U.S. Department of Transportation grant will allow Contour Airlines to operate the flights out of the south Macon airport for at least two years.

Read more here: Contour Airlines plans to operate flights from Macon to Washington, D.C. | The Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 05:16 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,200,120 times
This is good news for the city. Hopefully once the runway is expanded, other airlines will come.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:59 PM

242 posts, read 342,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
This is good news for the city. Hopefully once the runway is expanded, other airlines will come.
I really hope so.... It would be really nice to have multiple flights to various destinations out of Macon. It would really help sell the city to industries..

Old 01-10-2017, 05:44 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,498,587 times
This is really Great News for the City. I'm sure the big Government Giant Robins AFB, just south of the City had a major Factor in this decision as well.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:58 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,824,236 times
Well I guess it is positive news for you guys, but I see a problem with this federal subsidy structure.

These small airline companies are finding a cheap way to fly to make money off the subsidy, but aren't providing much in the way of service.

Air travel today is not completely about point-to-point travel. This route will not do much, there is a reason the plane is only a 30-seater.

What we really need to subsidize, if we must subsidize, is a daily flight to a major connecting hub on an airline that markets the other flights from their hub (ie. ATL on Delta, Charlotte on AA, DFW on AA, DC on United, etc...)

That means people can go directly to and from Macon from many places, not just one.

I see this as a way to waste the subsidy allotment for the city that could be better spent.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:43 PM

242 posts, read 342,691 times
FLIGHTS FROM MACON TO WASHINGTON, D.C. TAKING OFF VERY SOON

Flights from Macon to Washington, D.C. taking off very soon

Flights to Washington, D.C. from Middle Georgia are taking off very soon. The Middle Georgia Regional Airport has been working to make this happen for some time now.

CEO of Contour Airlines, Matt Chaifetz, stopped by the Middle Georgia Regional Airport Tuesday morning to discuss details. Those including office space, ground equipment, and other logistics.

Contour is the airline operating the Washington, D.C. flights from Middle Georgia. Chaifetz announced the airline’s change to a 30 seat jet instead of a 30 seat turbo propeller plane. He says the jet has more room for passengers and ensures they will be comfortable for their nearly 90 minute flight.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:24 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,275,402 times
I will say I am a bit concerned with the delay. First it was spring then early summer, now they are just saying summer. It is beginning to sound like the same song and dance we received from Silver...just keep waiting. I hope I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: