Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:18 PM

178 posts, read 500,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Pattern, perhaps. Mind games, no. If you and others continue to, in my opinion, mislead people looking for relocation advice about the Macon area, I am gonna pattern up.
I get it that you want Macon to be better. EVERYONE does. Only go here ... don't go there ... don't believe the media, the people or the websites ... come on, do you see what has been written?
When someone say crime isn't all that bad, it usually is. When the promoters can only name ONE decent school in the entire area, that speaks volumes. Since the growth in Macon is not what it is in other like cities, those lofts downtown are most likely being occupied by folks simply moving from one place in the area to another. Meaning trading one empty place for another.

The pattern you recognize is one of reaction. It is all right there. I do not have to make anything up. Sure wish you would recognize THAT.

Oh, by the way ... I agree ... Macon would be a great place to film a zombie apocalypse movie. Barb wire, security bars on windows, abandoned buildings ... all go hand and hand with zombies.
You try to paint yourself as this voice of reason, when all you do is what you accuse others of doing, MISLEAD. So, I guess mentioning all the restaurants and bars that are opening Downtown, which people can go see for themselves, is "misleading" but a biased person like you choosing not to acknowledge or mention it is being "truthful and honest?" Wasn't it only a few posts back this guy was whining about how he never brought up crime, and here he goes mentioning it again. No one said Macon lacked having a crime problem, but I do ask, what's your point? The crime in the other 2nd Tier cities of Georgia and most other similar sized cities across the South is just as high or worse, so how can that be mentioned as a reason that makes Macon "worse" than it's peers? Talk about misleading...BTW, most of the people in those lofts are young, recent college grad and young professional types. They're mostly people who've been in college housing or at home and moved out on their own. Of the older people there, a coworker of my friend is in her 40s and she's a transplant from suburban Birmingham that works on the base. She prefers more urban settings and chose the lofts over "friendly and safe" Warner Robins because they dont offer that type of atmosphere there. Nice try though. Another "misleading" comment from the guy calling others out for "misleading" lol

Last edited by brentyoung12; 04-13-2017 at 08:52 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 08:30 PM

178 posts, read 500,442 times
Macon has great bones and architecture. Downtown was struggling but it's making a resurgence with the opening of several bars, lofts, and restaurants. Mercer and the Medical Center are doing wonders for the city. There's still a crime problem, particularly on the South and West. The Eastside could use some more retail. The public schools are awful though. The Northside is typical Surburbia USA. This is my breakdown of Macon, which includes BOTH POSITIVES and NEGATIVES, so how in world is it "misleading." I bring up the positives and the negatives which is called telling it like it is, but this guy BulldawgFan only mentions the negatives and if anyone dare mentions the positives then they are "misleading" people. What a hypocrite.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:56 PM

39 posts, read 62,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
Re the photos, it's too bad that with such a pleasant, open, clean look, downtown Macon is still emptier of people than downtown Columbus or Augusta. As LovinDecatur says, Macon could learn a few things from Savannah's playbook. Savannah has the best downtown in the state -- with 50 years' experience refurbishing it. Downtown Savannah was still fairly empty until well into the 1970s. Macon-Bibb officials should send a delegation there for some tips.
Savannah look more like a town. I was never impressed with savannah. I dont see anything close to a skyline in savannah. At least you can see downtown macon from a distance; Savannah, not so sure..

Old 04-13-2017, 09:00 PM

39 posts, read 62,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
I don't know what pictures you are looking at but from the ones that are posted shows no sign of vast, underutilized and rather empty downtown.. From the article i posted proves that's certainly not the case. and You surely can't see any store fronts from the those pictures unless YOU have eyes like an eagle and I don't think any humans has ever been born with a pair of those... and I didn't compare Macon to Savannah, I only said DT Macon is certainly NOT what you make it to be. And to say Macon is still light-years behind Savannah, Savannah is a nice city in it's own unique way, but it's not all that.... It's not Mecca
Savannah is very ugly and townish in my opinion.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:13 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,043,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentyoung12 View Post
I bring up the positives and the negatives which is called telling it like it is, but this guy BulldawgFan only mentions the negatives and if anyone dare mentions the positives then they are "misleading" people. What a hypocrite.
Come on brenty, you should know the rules, Address the post, don't attack the poster. I think you need to reread this thread. Once again you are making things up. Are you carrying around some 'hate' from some other thread, perhaps? My negative comments in this thread, for the most part, were either me paraphrasing or quoting other comments.

Macon is centrally located.
With the current political climate I doubt Robins AFB will be on any BRAC list any time soon.

That is about it for my positives about Macon ... but there they are.

Compared to what I have seen in Augusta, Columbus and even Savannah, Macon has slowly embraced downtown renewal. That may be a positive. Slow and steady renovations sure beats finished empty spaces.
So there you have it, some positives from bulldawgfan.

Another member said that there was crime in Macon, but if you didn't go north, south, east or west you would be fine. Am I misleading people by mentioning that post made by someone else?
Skylines never meant anything to me, but to some it seems to matter a lot. Enough so that they are ready to tell other people that their opinions are wrong. Am I misleading anyone by stating that? If skylines matter then lets allow people to form their own opinions, and except them for what they are. Opinions. I don't have to state my opinions. I don't have to mislead. I just address posts made by other members. The fact that you think I am hypocrite speaks volumes in that regard.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:58 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,117,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERBENJ View Post
Savannah is one of the 10 most beautiful cities in the United States. Your post just shows that your priorities are as stated above: any city with more modern buildings has a better skyline. But Savannah is a historic city -- it's not supposed to look like Atlanta or Jacksonville. Savannah looks far better than all the other GA 2nd-tier cities, whose downtowns are far behind Savannah in beauty, activity, interest, amenities, and national prestige (only Savannah has real prestige). All 2nd tiers could learn from Savannah's long experience with urban revitalization, including Macon.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:07 AM

23,507 posts, read 44,177,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
Ok, I'm not about to go back and forth with you about...Thats you opinion and I still stand firm to my statement.
I agree with his opinion, FWTW.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:08 AM

23,507 posts, read 44,177,623 times
Quote:
"Townish"?

Disney World is at your disposal.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:42 PM

242 posts, read 341,595 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say its ugly however I'm not a big fan of Old buildings.. I love high rises and the modern look...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon