Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 09:03 PM

909 posts, read 548,305 times

Advertisements

I notice for years that the city of Macon has been scheduling various meetings and methods to get citizens involved with what is going on within certain districts. Before Macon-Bibb became consolidated I knew that Macon was divided by wards. Five wards to be exact. Though I always knew about certain meetings but never actually got (gave) the chance to attend. Now that I am older I realize if I want to see change then I have to be change. I'm really concerned about this local municipality, and have voiced my vision to the elected officials inside the city top seats. The reason I made this thread is because I was listening to the Elaine Lucas (long term member of the former city and current county commission) show today and she brought up about how so many people attended the anti discriminantion ordinance that got passed earlier this week. Well, I didn't attend the meeting but Elaine Lucas stated that citizens at the meeting were responding about wanting to get more involved with future local planning and development. Though one caller called in about how rude the Transit Authority is at their meetings. The Macon-Bibb Transit Authority meets every last Tuesday of the month. Remember a few people can change the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: