Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 05:07 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,193,848 times

Advertisements

Impressive!

Quote:
More than half of those people were visiting friends or relatives, but all visitors contribute to the local economy.

Also, nearly 150 conventions were booked in Macon during the past year, a 25 percent increase over the previous year, which led to 26,807 nights in hotels and 2,783 confirmed tour attendees, an increase of 51 percent.

These kinds of numbers were a reason to celebrate during Macon-Bibb County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s annual meeting Thursday. More than 100 people attended the event held at Emerson Ballroom.

The impact of tourism in Bibb County is seen in jobs and tax revenue. In 2015, tourism generated more than 3,400 jobs, $347.68 million in direct spending, $14.79 million in state tax revenue and $9.71 million in local tax revenue, according to a slide show presentation.

Some key accomplishments of the CVB were increases in visitors to its website, Facebook followers (8 percent increase), Twitter followers (10 percent increase) and Instagram followers (63 percent increase).
Macon-Bibb, GA, CVB presents awards at annual meeting | The Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 PM

242 posts, read 342,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post

This is great news, I believe strongly if these new flights in &out of the MGAR Airport works and other cities are added to the flight plan, it will help increase the number of people coming into Macon/Bibb for tourism because it will give them another option to fly direct into Macon for events, etc.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:59 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,694,866 times
10 million people visited Macon. I find that really hard to believe....

Old 08-25-2017, 05:16 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,494,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
10 million people visited Macon. I find that really hard to believe....

Did 10 million visit Columbus, GA...., now I would find that even harder to believe! Same boat, please don't start this

Old 08-25-2017, 07:38 AM

846 posts, read 1,413,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Did 10 million visit Columbus, GA...., now I would find that even harder to believe! Same boat, please don't start this
Well Said

Old 08-25-2017, 11:59 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,694,866 times
Quote:
Why does any of this have to deal with Columbus? I guarantee you 10 million people did not visit Macon last year. That number is absurd. There is absolutely nothing to do over there, no major attractions, no major base etc. People stopping for gas on their way to Florida or Atlanta it does not count.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Why does any of this have to deal with Columbus? I guarantee you 10 million people did not visit Macon last year. That number is absurd. There is absolutely nothing to do over there, no major attractions, no major base etc. People stopping for gas on their way to Florida or Atlanta it does not count.
You are one of those that really needs to be blocked for City-Data, seriously, don't see how you have lasted this long! I'm not going to waist my time going back and forth with this, pointless and immature. I'm one for respecting peoples opinions but the way you spread negativity about a peer City in the same State is immature and ridiculous and frankly, has gotten old... It has to be a reason you have to put salt in another Cities game in Georgia, a peer City that is very similar in size... What complex do you have about Columbus that you have to tear down another Peer City in the same State, same size bracket or any other peer City for that matter... Does the City of Macon have something Columbus doesn't that you feel that deep deep need to do so??? I hate to say it but the biggest problem Columbus Georgia has is those that feel the need to tear down another to make it look better, Doesn't Work!!!. Just a word of Advice, you might want to change that Attitude, it may just back fire and beloved Columbus could end up losing more than it gains...One thing I can say for the most part, from what I have seen on here Macon supporters don't have to Tear down a peer to boost it's image. Every one could make it if you only support each other, the Two Cities are in the same State for god sake... Can't we all just get along!!! I wish you and Columbus Georgia nothing but the best buddy...

Old 08-25-2017, 04:56 PM

14 posts, read 15,166 times
I honestly can't see anyone wanting to visit Columbus or Macon unless they were visiting friends or family.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeaulazy2017 View Post
I honestly can't see anyone wanting to visit Columbus or Macon unless they were visiting friends or family.
Agreed,,, and I'm pretty sure probably 8 to 9 times out of 10 that's what it is for all of GA's 2nd tiers besides Savannah.. At that point people may hang out and discover what these places have to offer. The sad part is we go through these same discussion which is pointless due to some insecurities that one will get more recognition over a very similar type city.. Interesting it's actually kind of weird someone would put so much effort in trying to do so..

Old 08-25-2017, 05:18 PM

2,257 posts, read 2,196,818 times
Quote:
Agreed,,, and I'm pretty sure probably 8 to 9 times out of 10 that's what it is for all of GA's 2nd tiers besides Savannah.. At that point people may hang out and discover what these places have to offer. The sad part is we go through these same discussion which is pointless due to some insecurities that one will get more recognition over a very similar type city.. Interesting it's actually kind of weird someone would put so much effort in trying to do so..
You have to admit,you made this thread about Columbus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon