Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 07:59 PM

909 posts, read 545,397 times

Advertisements

A great divide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 04:45 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,256,785 times
High poverty rate = poor health when all people are averaged together. We could get into a great debate as to why that correlation exists, but it is a proven correlation and thus this is not surprising news.

Old 04-30-2019, 12:15 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
High poverty rate = poor health when all people are averaged together. We could get into a great debate as to why that correlation exists, but it is a proven correlation and thus this is not surprising news.

I know this doesnt apply to everyone, but for many in poverty, they're in that position due to poor decision making or just plain carelessness. Of course, that would also apply to poor diet habits, unsafe sex, etc.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:25 PM

12 posts, read 18,013 times
Well one big thing I noticed is that there are hardly any healthy fast food chain restaurants around. Take Shurling Dr for example, you have a KFC, Popeye's, Atlanta Hot Wings, Sakura, and Church's all within walking distance from each other. I think the healthiest restaurant might be Subway if it's still on North Ave. That's just ridiculous. I understand marketing and that companies won't put their restaurants in areas with a certain income level, but come on. Poor people want to eat healthy too. You shouldn't have to go all the way to the North side for that. And that's not to mention the food deserts in poor areas and the fact that the quality of food in the chain grocery stores greatly differs from one area to the next. Sorry to go on a tangent but I feel passionately about this

Old 06-10-2019, 02:11 PM

55 posts, read 76,572 times
Health food on the East Side? Hell there is only one grocery store on the eastside and that Kroger not counting Walmart. From memory I remember when there were about 5 grocery stores in East Macon. East Macon is absolutely a food desert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: