Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
...as Buck head is to Atlanta...
yerocal,

You are only off by about ten years or so. Buckhead is so not the place to be since the 90's!! Downtown and Uptown is where it is happening and Buckhead has taken a step down. Way down. Very similar to downtown Macon, actually. The place most want to avoid... yea, that about sums it up. North Macon is growing because no one in their right mind wants to be downtown. Sotra kinda like Buckhead. You almost got it right!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 05:50 PM

726 posts, read 2,817,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
yerocal,

You are only off by about ten years or so. Buckhead is so not the place to be since the 90's!! Downtown and Uptown is where it is happening and Buckhead has taken a step down. Way down. Very similar to downtown Macon, actually. The place most want to avoid... yea, that about sums it up. North Macon is growing because no one in their right mind wants to be downtown. Sotra kinda like Buckhead. You almost got it right!!!
yeah thats true buck head as kinda decrease on the popularity side.....

Old 07-18-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
yeah thats true buck head as kinda decrease on the popularity side.....
Yea, but you were right all along... Macon is the best. No place better. Heaven on Earth.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 AM

75 posts, read 275,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Yea, but you were right all along... Macon is the best. No place better. Heaven on Earth.
do i detect a hint of sarcasm there?

i don't live in macon. i live south of macon and as ga-bound says, i only can rely on the news (or hear-say and statistics) to base my judgement about living in macon. i think i'll stay where i am. its only a 30 minute commute. not too bad

Old 07-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz7731 View Post
do i detect a hint of sarcasm there?

Long story.

Quote:
i don't live in macon. i live south of macon and as ga-bound says, i only can rely on the news (or hear-say and statistics) to base my judgement about living in macon. i think i'll stay where i am. its only a 30 minute commute. not too bad
You and I just may be neighbors. My commute to Macon is approx. 40 minutes. And, with all due respect, I do not need the news to form my opinion. I use my brain, eyes, ears, feet and hands to formulate mine (More than likely in that order, too). Macon rocks.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 AM

Default macon telegraph

well, here are just a few headlines in todays macon paper...

Wal-Mart security guard stabbed while approaching suspected thieves

Police looking for robbers who hit pair of Macon stores

Police: Tape shows suspects buying fuel at Macon station
Beau Cabell/The Telegraph
Latoshia Wyche, center, makes her way back to the Bibb County jail after a hearing. She has been charged with two counts of murder in connection with a fire that killed two young children in Unionville.Surveillance video from an Enmark service station on Mercer University Drive captured suspects accused of a fatal arson fire buying the gas used in the blaze that killed two children, according to court testimony.

and may i add.. HOW SAD IS THIS??

neighbors? you are south of macon i take it? i'm in perry.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
well, here are just a few headlines in todays macon paper...

Wal-Mart security guard stabbed while approaching suspected thieves

Police looking for robbers who hit pair of Macon stores

Police: Tape shows suspects buying fuel at Macon station
Beau Cabell/The Telegraph
Latoshia Wyche, center, makes her way back to the Bibb County jail after a hearing. She has been charged with two counts of murder in connection with a fire that killed two young children in Unionville.Surveillance video from an Enmark service station on Mercer University Drive captured suspects accused of a fatal arson fire buying the gas used in the blaze that killed two children, according to court testimony.

and may i add.. HOW SAD IS THIS??

neighbors? you are south of Macon i take it? i'm in perry.
Question? Tell me what cities in the US today the size of Macon or Larger that don't hear this type of News, For Example Miami has one of the worst crime rates in this Country with way worst crime than Macon. It still doesn't cause the city to lose its name as a HOT popular vacation spot, and also the city is still a huge,huge hang out spot extremely rich & famous,which is easy targets for crime nor do you hear people in Florida bashing Miami. Mostly hear them saying more good comments than bad ones thats what some of these knuckle heads in Ga need to do instead of always bashing Macon or always talking about the little crime problems it has. I don't care what anyones has to say about Macon If you do live in Perry or MGA you just as well may live in Macon because the outsiders looking in consider Perry & MGA apart of the Macon area anyway.. LOl

Last edited by yerocal; 07-19-2008 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-19-2008, 10:31 AM

you know i'm not really bashing macon. i think the original question may have had to do with living in macon vs. maybe byron? i'm just saying that i would not live in macon.

i do go to macon... i shop in macon... i meet friends for dinner in macon...

oh and i wouldn't live in miami either!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
you know i'm not really bashing macon. i think the original question may have had to do with living in macon vs. maybe byron? i'm just saying that i would not live in macon.

i do go to macon... i shop in macon... i meet friends for dinner in macon...

oh and i wouldn't live in miami either!
I when i say people i'm talking all of these people who on this forum who comment on these ridiculous hell hole, crack head city and etc comments about Macon being bad and nasty Macon and is a hell hole...

Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Looks like 2 Starbucks stores will be closing in Macon.......
They sure and unlike some cities that has 8-15 stores closing...... But that doesn't mean at all Macon can't support them, thats on Star bucks part.......and planning for the best interest of their company....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon