Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Well everyone can say what ever you want about Macon because it all an opinion
Wait... what opinion? Is it my opinion that there were 12 shootings in Macon in 12 days?

Quote:
You have it correct Macon is a great city
Wait, wait, wait. When did I say that? I said YOUR great city, not mine. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I value my life too much to spend any time there... let alone reside there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 AM

726 posts, read 2,817,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Wait... what opinion? Is it my opinion that there were 12 shootings in Macon in 12 days?

Wait, wait, wait. When did I say that? I said YOUR great city, not mine. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I value my life too much to spend any time there... let alone reside there.
HA ha Ha Funny.........

Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
HA ha Ha Funny.........

No, sadly it is not funny. Despite what you might think, I wish Macon was a nicer place... its the nearest metropolitan area to where I live. I really wish your town did not provide so much ugliness to counter your over zealous promotion. I am serious. For those of you who live comfortably in your north Macon gated communities I can somewhat understand your view. I do not agree with it, but I can understand how you could be unwilling to really see what exists elsewhere. But for visitors and passers by, I think you paint a narrow minded view. Proposed projects, highway renovations, upscale shopping... it all sounds nice. That does not change the blight that exists in Macon right now. Instead of major urban renewal, as I mentioned before, the city is running away (north) from the blight. That is no fix... and the reason I counter your 'rose colored glasses' outlook.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
No, sadly it is not funny. Despite what you might think, I wish Macon was a nicer place... its the nearest metropolitan area to where I live. I really wish your town did not provide so much ugliness to counter your over zealous promotion. I am serious. For those of you who live comfortably in your north Macon gated communities I can somewhat understand your view. I do not agree with it, but I can understand how you could be unwilling to really see what exists elsewhere. But for visitors and passers by, I think you paint a narrow minded view. Proposed projects, highway renovations, upscale shopping... it all sounds nice. That does not change the blight that exists in Macon right now. Instead of major urban renewal, as I mentioned before, the city is running away (north) from the blight. That is no fix... and the reason I counter your 'rose colored glasses' outlook.
I really don't think that the city is running away..... Macon is booming in growth because of it's centralized location and proximity to ATL. Not Only is Macon Growing North but south and west and downtown as well.... Also i think that Macon has great leadership in office right now and if the people work well with them Macon could see a more bright and prosperous future. As we speak the City of Macon police, Macon/Bibb sheriff and City Officials are working on strategic plans to reduce crime, building a stronger law enforcement, demolishing abandon housing use by gangs/drug dealers and Construction of more police/sheriff precincts in various parts of Macon/Bibb county (including one at the Macon Mall and Shoppes at river crossing) and etc. Things are not going to happen or change over night but resolutions to this crime problem is being addressed and implemented... In addition North Macon/bibb county is not the only parts of of town that safe...East Macon/Jones county, west Macon/Lizella and lower south Macon /bibb county (247 South & 475/Hartley bridge Rd areas) has a lot of nice areas. Alot of people associate East Macon as a bad area because of the fort hill community.. But it not.....also there are a lots small middle class neighborhoods off of Bloomfield that are decent area to live....

Last edited by yerocal; 09-09-2008 at 08:01 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 02:12 AM

yerocal,

I will sit back, from a good safe distance, and watch. I hope the crime problem is reduced... and yes, there are nicer, safer places around the city. I hope the police and city officials get a handle on the not so nice and not so safe areas, I really do.

By the way, your grammar and spelling is much improved. Those two things bring credibility to your posts. You have always gotten an "A" for effort.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
yerocal,

I will sit back, from a good safe distance, and watch. I hope the crime problem is reduced... and yes, there are nicer, safer places around the city. I hope the police and city officials get a handle on the not so nice and not so safe areas, I really do.

By the way, your grammar and spelling is much improved. Those two things bring credibility to your posts. You have always gotten an "A" for effort.
Thanks.........

Old 09-11-2008, 01:07 PM

Capricorn Center - with and for our city
Great news for downtown Macon

A $29 million downtown project involving the reuse of the old Capricorn Recording Studios and Macon Rescue Mission will be the largest single private investment ever in downtown Macon, a NewTown Macon official said Monday. "The project, located on 4.2-acres between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Fifth Street between Poplar and Pine streets, will include a 30-unit town home, a five-story residential, retail and commercial building and an 85-room boutique hotel, as well as a new recording studio.

keith watson: Capricorn Center - with and for our city

Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 PM

Plantation Village - Phase III

Southern Pine Plantations

Old 09-11-2008, 01:18 PM

Lakeside Commons Office Park
Southern Pine Plantations

http://www.sppcommercial.com/graphic...esentation.pdf

http://www.sppcommercial.com/graphics/lc_siteplan.pdf

Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 PM

Dick's Sporting Goods to open second store in Macon/Bibb county

Dick's Sporting Goods is expected to open a store in north Bibb County.

The sporting goods retailer is planning to open a 45,000-square-foot store at The Shoppes at River Crossing in fall 2009, said Bill Baker, senior general manager of the shopping center.

The shopping center - at Riverside, Wesleyan and Sheraton drives off Interstate 75 - opened its first stores in March.

Dick's would not provide more details about the new store.

"Our policy is not to comment until closer to a store opening," said spokeswoman Kathy Schrenker.

The company opened a store in 2001 at Eisenhower Crossing shopping center on Eisenhower Parkway.

Dick's is a full-line sporting goods retailer offering brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear, according to the company's Web site. As of Aug. 2, the company operated 357 stores in 38 states primarily throughout the eastern half of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon