Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:47 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,541 times

Advertisements

I just want to make some corrections of what Hyun-Soo said, and add a little in. First off the Media Play on Eisenhower has closed, leaving nothing else in the once famous Westgate shopping center except some small Dollar Stores, and Shoe Store.

Many of the famous stores within Westgate shopping center have sense moved to Eisenhower crossing, western end of Eisnehower Parkway. Like Home Depot, Staples, and Pet'sMart, and other, many of the stores like Best Buy, Target, Dick's, and HHGregg ( newest of stores ) are new to Macon, and the Region.

Also, they have finalized the plan to build the new mall in northern Bibb Co. sometime late in 2006. They have been working on building it sense January, and are expected to be done in the spring of 2009. Otherwise that Hyun-soo, put it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 PM

634 posts, read 2,921,860 times
^^ Can you give me the source of the new mall, I have never heard of it.

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2macon View Post
I have read many posts from you throughout my search to move to Macon. I was wondering if you can reccomend a neighborhood that is mixed racially, mixed middle class, with a decent school system but with old neighborhood charm. We are relocating from Brooklyn a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. Our current neighborhood is cookie cutter and EXTREMELY family oriented. We would like something a little more diverse(we are currently the minority at 97% to 1.75% ratio racially). Please be honest, we will be visiting the Macon area in a few weeks.
I do not know any names of the subdivision, but there are plenty of great mixed-race, middle class, educated neighborhoods in North Macon.

What is the price range of houses you are looking at??

Beautiful homes at 300-350,000 are located around Lake Tobesofkee and just north of Downtown.
The areas around there are also very diverse.

Charming neighborhoods are also located in West Macon with families from Korea, India, the Caribbean, Europe, Lebanon, Mexico, etc. along with African American and White Americans.

The schools are much better up in North/West Macon.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:08 PM

Iread it in an email awhile back, once they began construction in 2007 ( being that im planning to be the Mayor and I get inside scoop. ) Shoppes at RiverCrossing, it will be an upscalemall, featuring many expensive stores. The land from which they are building on was said to have been the site of a Tanger Outlet, in the next couple of years, that turned out not to be true, but dont be so sure that Tanger Outlet may not look into other areas, in the Northern part of Bibb Co. especially with all the booming of population and commericial industry. Anywayz several links are below that can clarify the Mall being built, and I have to correct myself the began building in Sept, and is expected to open in Spring of 2008.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n16610636

http://www.jwamalls.com/news.aspx?id=638 (broken link)

http://www.jwamalls.com/news.aspx?id=638 (broken link)

Rumor has it The Macon Mall ( the largest outside of metro Atlanta ) sees it as a good thing, once the new mall is up and running the Macon Mall will probably renovate there current building, especially after news that Belk has bought out Parisian. How does this affect the Macon Mall, well the Macon Mall has the most anchor stores of any mall in Georgia, anchor stores are like JCPenny's, Belk's, Goody's, and now many big box stores like Target and Wal-Mart, are connecting to the malls. Macon's Parisian store is expected to close this summer, and will leave a huge empty spot, well not for long VP of Regional Prime Retail ( Owner's of the Macon Mall ) they could possibly turn the store into a Movie Theatre, or major thing of such to bring more shoppers to the Mall. Another Major rumor is that the Macon Mall may become a Bargain Mall with cheaper and lower items.

With all that being said Macon was recently named by Inc. magazine as one of the "top 50 small metro areas in the U.S."

I have blueprints, Landscaping view, and store listing, but I was asked not to release them, it was a leak, and it happend that I recieved one. IN actuallity its an outdoor recreation mall.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:00 AM

^^ That's what I thought. Not an indoor mall.

Damn..

Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 AM

I hope a movie theatre locates into the mall. Is there any movie theatres in South Macon?? None that I can remember of...

A theater in the mall would make sense.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfkap View Post
As far as housing goes, whatever you are looking for is here (as I mentioned I am an appraiser who also renovates old houses).

...Outgoing counties are rural. Not sure who your realtor is, I can recommend several good ones.

...Send me an e-mail off the record, be happy to talk to you some more. We love it here. Find the right spot for you and your family and you will never leave.
Pgfkap, my husband just got a job in Warner Robins, and he's uprooting me from where I thought I'd spend the rest of my life: a little country house with garden plot and fenced yard where I have two little chihuahua-children (my son's grown and gone) and had planned to keep 4 or 5 chickens. The chickens are now being brooded by friends, and I've been almost grief-stricken that I may have to let them go.

Your posting just lifted my heart and made me feel like maybe, just maybe, we can find a place to be happy. But when I tried to contact you privately, there is no contact information posted. Can you please get in touch/put me in touch with the right people to help us find a place to live? Robert starts this Monday and is going to have to live in a hotel room until we can find a place commutable to the AFB.

Cultural diversity is very appealing to me, as is an earthy down-homeness and the ability to conserve planetary resources. I don't want to wind up in one of those all-white country-club type areas where people have lost touch with the earth and a sense of community. Except for our pets, we are past our sensitive period for children...LOL!

Please write!

Diane

Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 PM

^^ Shady, foresty, quiet, rural areas [but of course close enough to cities like Macon/Atlanta] include Perry Georgia, Southern Houston County, Western Laurens County, Eastern Crawford County, All of Dodge County, and all of Bleckley County.

Good luck!

And trust me, you will love it here!

Old 05-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
Lake Wildwood is getting a bad reputation, everyone now calls it "Lake Wild-Hood"
From what I understand, it's gone downhill. Such a shame, it used to be very nice, upscale.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:29 AM

LOL, whats so funny is that, one shooting happens in over five-ten years, and everyone panics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon