Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 PM

511 posts, read 2,469,206 times

Advertisements

Macon Police Department, has added 10 Dodge Charger to its police lineup, they are apart of the newley reformed traffic division, I have to say some other counties dont even have a single charger ( the new police trend ) but for Macon to have ten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,148 times
Why would you want to speed anywhere? Isn't that why they call it a speed LIMIT!

Old 04-27-2007, 04:09 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,157,774 times
Quote:
Why would you want to speed anywhere? Isn't that why they call it a speed LIMIT!
1. To get from point a to point b faster;
2. to test out the new supercharger on my mustang
3. Because I paid $10,000 for the 6.1 Hemmi
4. If I was allways looking at my speedometer, I couldn't concentrate on the road.
5. Because my car's speedometer says that I'm only going half as fast as I can when I'm driving 80mph.
6. My foot is too heavy
7. The faster I go, the less time I have to spend in the car with three screaming kids and a wife
8. I like to support the local economy and give unemployed police officers jobs
9. It's hunting season, and I need to get to my deer stand before Duke gets to his.
10. Because I know that I can beat that rice-jockey in the honda with a muzzy.
11. Because it's fun.
12. What the heck else do I have to do for eight hours on I-75?
13. I'm not speeding, grandma in the oldsmobile is driving backwards.
14. Because I'm still young.
15. Speed limits are for communists. Last I checked, America was a free country!!!!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Thats cool, never thought about it like that, well just think twice.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,744,265 times
Hmm, I got pulled over in Macon once for speeding, but the cop was nice and let me off w/an expired tag instead.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,323,529 times
You know the funny thing is Georgia law actually discourages law enforcement from enforcing the speeding laws. Laws like caps on the percentage of city funds which can come from speeding tickets limit the amount of enforcement they are allowed to do. Other laws like the penalty for speeding also discourage enforcement. You can't get a fine or any points of your license for up to 4 over. Up to 14 over is still a fine but it isn't reportable so again no points (and insurance doesn't ever find out). There just isn't a lot of reason for them to pull you over unless you are going 15 or more.

Just as a disclaimer, I was told this by a police officer and then checked the laws myself. Its possible the laws have since changed and before you go speeding through Georgia I would check the laws of the state and the specific jurisdiction you are in.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Thats very interesting, I didnt know that I will have to look into that further, this is very interesting piece of information.

I will have to say this law enforcement is getting slicker and smarter. Here in Bibb County the Sheriff has went out a purchased several ATV's the laws were changed in order for this to happen ( the previous law didnt allow ATV's to be used on public streets, well the Sheriff has had that changed to where law enforcement officers can. ), he has also purchased some Ford F-250 Super Duties.

Can anyone else state how officers are getting more advanced with times. Things that they are changing to really protect & serve.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:28 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,157,774 times
Sure, I do like to speed. But, I also know better than to speed through the following towns in Georgia:

Tifton
Vienna
Warner Robins
Macon
Forsyth
Clarksville
Clayton
Dillard

Old 05-01-2007, 05:16 AM

Twiggs County has become very strict about speeding every sense that new Sheriff came in and fired half the force. Twiggs County has done alot better sense the highering of a new sheriff. I think the county is trying to get all new faces in, the county has a population of 9,000, and little things like the Academy Distribution Center will really help, Especially with unemployment so high there.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:23 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,323,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Sure, I do like to speed. But, I also know better than to speed through the following towns in Georgia:

Tifton
Vienna
Warner Robins
Macon
Forsyth
Clarksville
Clayton
Dillard
I think you should add Lawrenceville and Cobb County to that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon