Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 04:28 PM

7 posts, read 18,028 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I got jobs where the training starts december 12 and are not comfortable signing a long term lease until we are sure the jobs are reliable. We are looking for a place to rent for a month or two in the madison area, our jobs are in Middleton.
Thanks guys!

Last edited by ballplaya; 12-02-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,341,326 times
That's going to be tough to find, I'm afraid. Most landlords aren't terribly interested in month-to-month arrangements, and while sublease arrangements can be found, they are generally longer than a month or two. You might try calling a couple of the campus-area property management companies to see if they know of any tenants seeking second-semester sublessees, though the start date for such an arrangement may be a week or two later than your anticipated first day of work.

Part of the problem is that rental occupancy rates are at an historic high level, and vacancies are few and far between. There was just an article this week, in fact, that cited two different zip code areas where rental vacancies were under 1% of the total. It's good news for landlords, not so much for folks looking for places to rent.

Do you mind mentioning where you'll be working? Some folks here might be able to tell you a bit more about the company, enough to either increase your confidence level to the point where you feel comfortable with a longer lease or else to confirm that it's a bad move.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,957 times
An extended stay hotel might be an option.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,401,344 times
Some apartment complexes have "corporate" apartments that they lease to big companies for use by incoming executives who need time to find a house. Not sure if you could lease one of these for a short period or not, but it is worth a try. I know Lincoln Ridge used to have these and there are a couple of places in Fitchburg by the Great Dane Brew Pub. I think one is called Hatchery Hill.

Megan

Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,620,018 times
I know Deer Creek Creek Apartments on Greenway Blvd in Middleton has a corporate suite. I believe it's only about 1100 a month but includes all eletricity, laundry detergent and some other things. I know many places are starting to offer corporate suites. I like the other poster would also recommend an Extended Stay.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 PM

7 posts, read 18,028 times
Yea, I read a few posts about the high vacancy level. Lincoln Ridge was a short - term lease appt I was meaning to call, thanks though!

Our jobs were at captel; captioning assistants and the wage is only 9.50 withOUT regular overtime. Been meaning to apply at a cell phone store, I have heard the comission was pretty good.

Our last resort was to get a month-to-month near north fitchburg @ 750$ all utilities/tv/internet/small room. Thanks for the help we appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison