Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:44 AM

1,741 posts, read 5,400,492 times

Advertisements

Oh, yes! The Goodman Center is incredible. I only mentioned the Waunakee Community Center because I had just been to an event there, but both are very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,892,396 times
Ah...the good old days...my daughter's first birthday party was at our house out on the deck. Homemade angel food cake with strawberries and real whipped cream and burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Soda and beer was served and a good time was had by all.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,029,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Ah...the good old days...my daughter's first birthday party was at our house out on the deck. Homemade angel food cake with strawberries and real whipped cream and burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Soda and beer was served and a good time was had by all.
ours too lol.

actually most of our family's get togethers up there are still at someone's home. Far more relaxing then in a center; and between decks, lower levels, etc plenty of room for a good qty of peeps to hang out and visit. Lets face it, for a 1 yr old's party if it's mostly adults then it's mostly adults just visiting as well. And no time limit to round everyone up and kick 'em out.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:08 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,892,396 times
^^Exactly. My in-laws are now 60 some people in the immediate family, and they still have Christmas Day at one of their houses. Sure it's packed, but everybody's together for the special occasion, so nobody minds.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:08 PM

114 posts, read 326,104 times
For cakes, I would highly recommend the Rolling Pin bake shop near the corner of Hwy PD (McKee Rd) and HWY D (Fish Hatchery Rd).

Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 PM

9 posts, read 47,802 times
I would have loved to have the birthday party at my house . However we live in an apartment and its way too small to accommodate everyone.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We would prefer for it to be on the west side since its easier for us to do all the party preparations.

We found a community clubhouse that fits all our needs and have decided to go with Craigs Cakes.

Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison