Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,018,343 times

Advertisements

of course for a more unique photo opp of downtown, one only needs to be in the right seat at the right time lol
Attached Thumbnails
Best place to view Downtown Madison (pictures would be cool too!)-sc-fl-206a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 05:59 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,189,666 times
Or sometimes you can be in the wrong seat at the right time.

Best place to view Downtown Madison (pictures would be cool too!)-isthmus01.jpg

Old 06-19-2013, 04:54 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,018,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
Or sometimes you can be in the wrong seat at the right time.

Attachment 113325

or on a flight I had to Vegas, wrong seat at wrong time.

"ladies and gentlemen, for those lucky to be sitting on the left, there's the Hoover Dam. And for those on the right, please enjoy the rest of your flight"

dang it I was on the right

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folks3000 View Post

This is on South Pleasant View Road near the new University Research Park (Phase II). You can see the Capitol building and Van Hise off in the distance.
Very nice. Pleasant view has some nice east and west views from it's highest point. Since we're building a home in the area, we're very interested in seeing how the University Research Park Phase II develops.

You can also get some nice views of downtown from parts of Middleton, including the highest point of the Middleton Hills neighborhood.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM

555 posts, read 714,912 times

I took this yesterday from the new Lacy Road bridge over US 14 in Fitchburg near the new Green Technology Village (in which the new roads are under construction but things should be appearing their shortly).

Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Very nice. Pleasant view has some nice east and west views from it's highest point. Since we're building a home in the area, we're very interested in seeing how the University Research Park Phase II develops.
I've been going over there from time to time to check it out, it always just looks liked infrastructural work. Since you live in the area, do you have any clue as to approximately when construction of actual buildings/businesses/residential units will begin? I always read 2012, but it is past that and I haven't noticed anything there yet. I'm hoping they are much more aggressive on density than Research Park I.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:32 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folks3000 View Post
I've been going over there from time to time to check it out, it always just looks liked infrastructural work. Since you live in the area, do you have any clue as to approximately when construction of actual buildings/businesses/residential units will begin? I always read 2012, but it is past that and I haven't noticed anything there yet. I'm hoping they are much more aggressive on density than Research Park I.
They should be finished with the Mineral Point Road / Junction Road interchange next summer, so I don't expect anything to start before then. The antenna needs to come down too. Once that happens, it probably means additional improvements will be happening soon.

I just drove through a Fitchburg business park near your photo for the first time the other night. The buildings are very interesting, and it looks like it has some promise! It's a part of the Madison area that I didn't even know existed, and it will be interesting to see how it will all expand together, or sink into the swamp...

Old 06-20-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
They should be finished with the Mineral Point Road / Junction Road interchange next summer, so I don't expect anything to start before then. The antenna needs to come down too. Once that happens, it probably means additional improvements will be happening soon.

I just drove through a Fitchburg business park near your photo for the first time the other night. The buildings are very interesting, and it looks like it has some promise! It's a part of the Madison area that I didn't even know existed, and it will be interesting to see how it will all expand together, or sink into the swamp...
I wonder where they will find a place to put that giant antenna back up, that thing is massive! I kind of want to watch them take it down! Yea, I always made fun of Fitchburg for having over 25,000 people and no downtown, but it looks like it is starting to take shape. I think it will be a very cool area, it is fun to watch Madison grow! I grew up in rural Wisconsin where nothing ever changed, so moving here has been a fascinating experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison