Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,370 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone:

I don't have a question exclusively about minorities living in Madison, I have more that I would like to address:

1. How is the weather in Madison, typically?

2. How extravagant is the city?

3. How well do inner-city students perform in the city?

4. Is Madison a diverse city? This really isn't "that" important because I get along with people regardless of race. I just feel more comfortable bonding with my race/culture because we may share the same leisurely activities (i.e. Mexican fiestas, food). I'm half-mexican and half-black, if my racial information matters.

I heard the school district in Madison is pretty diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
1. Madison has a typical Midwestern climate. Summers are warm and humid, winters are frigid and snowy, spring and fall are heaven on earth.

2. "Extravagant?" Not sure exactly what you mean by that question. If you are asking about cost-of-living, Madison is significantly more expensive than an average Midwestern city of similar size.

3. Madison doesn't have an "inner city" as such. The city is only about a quarter million population, and while there are affluent neighborhoods and working-class neighborhoods, there is nothing remotely like the kind of "inner city" I suspect you are thinking of.

4. Madison has citizens of many nationalities and ethnic origins, but they are very definitely in the minority. It is still a very white community. Minority groups are growing, certainly, but I would not call this city diverse.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Extravagant? I find the cheese curds slabbed in ranch to be delightfully extravagant. That's about all I can think of.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:08 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Extravagant? I find the cheese curds slabbed in ranch to be delightfully extravagant. That's about all I can think of.
sounds crazy to me, takes away the 'squeak" one enjoys with a good curd.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
back on point, what MBW listed is all correct. I'd only add for # 3, that while there isnt a true inner city in Madison like larger metro areas could have, there can be areas that have a higher concentration of minorities. Some years back, our Latin friends lived in a certain section off Fish Hatch, and many of their neighbors in that area were also of Latin descent. I'll assume that is still the case these days, especially on sections of the south side of town and perhaps even northeast as well.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
sounds crazy to me, takes away the 'squeak" one enjoys with a good curd.

I'm talking fried, they're not squeaky once you deep fry them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
View detailed profiles of: