Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 06:18 PM

222 posts, read 752,386 times

Advertisements

Going to be moving from Atlanta to the Village Of Oregon, in several weeks. My wife is from the area, and we have some business up there, that will have us there for some time.

I have done a little research, but I was fishing for opinions of the village. Our home will be in literal walking distance from the town square. So, what exactly IS in the downtown area???

I have heard there's a tiny bowling alley, a nice diner, and some of the best pizza around at "Maria's." General shopping is done at an IGA store called "Bill's?

Any thoughts or comments, on any of those places, and others you know of are appreciated. After policing Atlanta streets, I will be happy for a more relaxed, small, quaint city. Even if for just a couple seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,950 times
Oregon is great. Not much else in town, but Stoughton is only miles away with a WalMart and Madison is only 10 miles away with everything else. Great town. We have lived here many years and love it!
Good Luck

Old 04-14-2009, 06:37 PM

3 posts, read 9,074 times
Default Oregon v. Stoughton

It has been a year since you posted your note about the "Village of Oregon". Things have changed in Oregon in the past few years. A much better supermarket (Bill's?) than the one in Stoughton. Ours in Stoughton was acquired by a Milwaukee firm last year or shortly before that (Roundys?). They also now own many of the formerly independent grocery stores in Madison. Prices are high and they push generics.

The Walmart in Stoughton is good but small. With mention of the supermarket in Stoughton, Walmart got a clue and began selling basic necessities at very good prices. Many of us in Stoughton shop first at Walmart for groceries, then go elsewhere for the things Walmart does not carry.

There is a Walmart Super-center that is perhaps closer to Oregon than Oregon is to Stoughton. Opened fairly recently and gets rave reviews from shoppers.

Good luck! (You can't go wrong to locate in Wisconsin.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison