Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:23 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times

Advertisements

There used to be a black barbershop about a half block east of South Park street a few years back, but I can't remember the street or name of the place. They do exist in Madison, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 03:19 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
If you do some research, states such as Wisconsin and Minnesota had majority votes for Obama. I don't live here but my job has taked me to Lacrosse quite a few time. I'd understand your concern a little more if you were moving to AZ; Middleofnowhere, TX; Mississippi and other southern places.

You do realize the south is the ONLY region where blacks live in large numbers ALL over, INCLUDING rural areas, right?

Being in the "Middleofnowhere" in East Texas or Mississippi would have a much higher % of blacks than anywhere in Wisconsin.

Many of those counties in places like Iowa and Wisconsin went for Obama because several of the whites are democrat, unlike here in the deep south.

Because of this, you have a lot of 90+% white counties outside of the south that went for Obama, yet several southern counties that are 35-40% black that went for Romney.

lol It doesnt mean those "Obama" counties prove those places are great for black people to live, when the black population % is in the single digits, and in several instances, less than 5%.

You've got blacks on this Wisconsin forum that can't hardly find a place to get their hair cut or done! Guarantee that wouldn't be a problem in the rural deep south.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
BTW

Sorry if that sounded like a mini rant, but while reading these "African American in Wisconsin" threads, I've already encountered 2 posts that expressed a "well, at least this isn't some middle of nowhere southern town, where you'd really need to be worried" sentiment.

I'm not sure what kind of misconception some of you have of the south, but we're different than other regions in that black people live all over in substantial amounts.

I mean, heck, even the rural town that the very "Redneck Games" are hosted in is majority black (East Dublin, GA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison