Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 12:01 PM

2,890 posts, read 989,624 times

Advertisements

The sh*tty grammar of the OP would be off-putting to anyone with half a brain, even if they have twice the a$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 12:24 PM

1,425 posts, read 663,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Wisconsin has a very heavy grain, especially wheat oriented diet. (Malted barley) found in a large percentage of alcohol is derived from wheat. Modern wheat, introduced into the US food supply in the mid 1980's has been responsible for the huge healthcare disaster in this country, and examining the data closely, you can follow that exponential growth curve in obesity from 1984-85 to the present. In 1984 14% of the total US population was either overweight OR obese. In 2020 it is now 70% of the total population.
Yes and Beer Is Food here!
We also love our brats and our cheese.

Old 10-22-2021, 12:36 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
snerk, good day.

You make some great points; especially me realizing that one MAJOR difference between the OP and I is that, for ME:

BABY GOTsta HAVE BACK!

Old 10-22-2021, 04:10 PM

So which KAREN sent me a comment message?

I don't know how to reply. You can send me a Direct Message.

And are you really, Karen, or are you joking about being a " Karen"?. Lol

Old 10-22-2021, 08:08 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,357,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Wisconsin has a very heavy grain, especially wheat oriented diet. (Malted barley) found in a large percentage of alcohol is derived from wheat. Modern wheat, introduced into the US food supply in the mid 1980's has been responsible for the huge healthcare disaster in this country, and examining the data closely, you can follow that exponential growth curve in obesity from 1984-85 to the present. In 1984 14% of the total US population was either overweight OR obese. In 2020 it is now 70% of the total population.

Interesting. Is that linked to the “wheat belly” phenomenon?

Changes to our food quality, lifestyle, and demographics since the early 80s have all contributed to our ever expanding national waistline. It’s disconcerting to see how many of our young are affected as compared to when I was of similar age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Yes and Beer Is Food here!
We also love our brats and our cheese.
We once hosted some friends from Wisconsin for a relaxing weekend. They brought us a host gift of locally made Wisconsin cheese curds. Goes well with the beer and brats.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:20 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Interesting. Is that linked to the “wheat belly” phenomenon?

Changes to our food quality, lifestyle, and demographics since the early 80s have all contributed to our ever expanding national waistline. It’s disconcerting to see how many of our young are affected as compared to when I was of similar age.

We once hosted some friends from Wisconsin for a relaxing weekend. They brought us a host gift of locally made Wisconsin cheese curds. Goes well with the beer and brats.
Yes, read the books "Grain Brain" and "Wheat Belly" for additional details. I underwent an extremely drastic dietary shift around 2008 as I found that my heavy consumption of wheat derived food items were severely impacting my quality of life. The problem is that modern wheat has a higher glycemic value compared to table sugar. It is also has appetite stimulating properties for many people, therefore it often does not fully satiate one's appetite. The reality is look at the "favorite" items people put in their grocery carts that they "can't get enough of." 10:1 odds that they are wheat derived products, not large quantities of vegetables and fruits.

Old 10-22-2021, 10:13 PM

1,299 posts, read 849,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
WI is a nice state. Lakes, Bluffs, green, mostly flat though. There’s mostly lots of nice areas to settle down. Madison is a jewel of a small city. I’m leaving though. I am shocked how much obesity is here. Even with children under 10. Even a good amount of teenagers. And certainly over 90% of the mature women in my opinion. I’ve never seen nothing like it. All the hot women over 40 are in Minnesota or neighboring Illinois. Therefore a decent looking fit single guy over 40 needs to really consider before moving to Wisconsin. It’s not a friendly populace either. Maybe except for Milwaukee. It’s a nice state but miserable if your a single male. Get used to a lot of rejection especially by women who aren’t remotely attractive. What gives in Wisconsin? Why is there so much severe obesity?
firstly many of us [ including those with normal BMI] find obese women very attractive

secondly why are you complaining about rejection when you were not attracted to them anyway

Old 10-23-2021, 09:27 AM

Dad01, Master Jay (aka Dad02, here).

You said it, man!

I mean, afterall, I'm in natural tip top shape, given all the Tae Kwon Do I do.

And as is said in the commercial: Snicker Satisfies...... And my ladies NEED to be thicker than Snickers.

Dad01, you're from Illinois?! My brother, that's my hang out State!

Maybe the OP followed suit and is hanging out there. He certainly hasn't been back to his post.

Old 10-23-2021, 11:05 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I’m a bodybuilder for over 25 years. I am a natural though, and I have never used steroids. It has nothing to do with my looks I’m sure? , maybe they are intimidated by me because most of them are obese? I know hot women when I see them. And there is very few in Wisconsin. I don’t care what anybody says I know from experience. The beauty gods skipped over Wisconsin and went to Minnesota and Illinois instead. I mean God bless them it is a nice day with good people it’s just when it comes to being a single male here, please move to Minnesota
Nonsense! WI is full of Norwegians and Swedes (and their descendants). Maybe you need to get off the dating websites, and try to meet women as you go about your daily life. You do have a life, don't you? That's pretty much a prerequisite for meeting good women "in the wild". Be active in the community, circulate.

Old 10-23-2021, 04:49 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
O.P., you write like an incel. “Rating” women on a scale on one to ten…what adult does that anymore?
No woman owes you her attention.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!

And his entire viewpoint towards women just sucks. You hit on women who you are not even attracted to? And are then rejected and wonder why?

You really need to look at yourself - and not in the mirror. Your arrogance and immaturity come thru in your post. You see women as objects and they pick that up.
When you are trying to hook up with a woman who you think isn't all that attractive, don't you think they may sense that you are trying to use them?

I don't care if you look like Adonis. Or if you think you do. Women don't fall at a man's feet because he wants adoration. They will sense your neediness and RUN.

Dude, it's not Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison