Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:05 AM

57 posts, read 196,744 times

Advertisements

I visited a friend at the International House once. It was very interesting, but I have to say I would not recommend co-op housing if you appreciate quiet time to yourself and want to spend a lot of alone time in your room. People were pretty hyper-social in general, and it seemed like it wouldn't be a quiet place to live at all. In fact I was meeting someone to study for an exam, and we went to a nearby church with study rooms to do it. It was a pretty old, overused, deteriorating building that I wouldn't expect good sound-blocking walls from. However you would definitely meet a lot of people and make many friendships living in a place like that. Dinner time was quite a scene. Can't speak for other co-ops than International House though. You can probably find similar priced housing by sharing a house with other STEM majors. Food isn't THAT expensive but it's nice to have it prepared for you most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 08:53 PM

15 posts, read 30,857 times
I've lived in a number of MCC houses, and I think you would be fine. Go have a membership dinner at a few different ones. You'll have to attend 3, so your 1st dinner certainly wouldn't commit you to anything. They may be filling up for fall already, so jumpon that. Some Are more studious than others, but you definitely have to contribute your share (which will likely be something you're good at or enjoy doing anyway, so not a terrible burden)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
View detailed profiles of: