Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,636,398 times

Advertisements

I think you must also factor in the LDS population in Utah. While the majority of the population there does not follow that path, there is a higher percentage than almost anywhere else, with lots of young families -- like 4 of my daughters -- who are busily having and raising large families.

I am about to get three more grandbabies this year, bringing the total from 10 to 13 and adding to the Utah population pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 01:45 PM

7,486 posts, read 10,450,529 times
Well...this is old man Nor'Eastah here, at 112 years old (my grandkids think so, anyway). The older and colder I get, the more I want to get my carcass up to Maine! Too much noise and crowds down hereah in Rhode Island! Not to mention the crime...I tried to shoplift once when I was just a young sprite of 96, but got caught and swore off of it altogether! Dern young people run faster than my wheelchair can! I decided to sign up for that Social Security stuff when I turned 101, but the payments are so small, I need a place with a real low cost of livin', so I figured Maine would be a good place to go. It's all the old croakers like me fillin' up Maine that gives folks the notion that there's a lot of us retirees livin' up there. They don't know what they're talkin' about, dern young kids with iPods fallin' outta their pockets...OOPS! (Wife removes old croaker from computer).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine