Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM

31 posts, read 71,399 times

Advertisements

Ever since spring strange things have been happening. The lilacs did bloom but I noticed that the leaves are dying. And the bark is peeling off them and gone in a lot of places. The branches are drooping and snapped off in some places. The maple leaves are totally covered with yellow spots and green leaves are falling for no reason that I know of. And branches look like someone broke them off. We have box elders in the neighborhood and the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. I know they are called box elders because the tree guy who came to cut down the two out back told me. The rose bushes look like something is snapping them off too. We rent here but like to take care of the yard. The landlord lives in Florida and really doesn't care about the yard. We planted Lamium and Vinca. They are doing ok except for the bugs. I have tomato and pepper plants on the roof that are doing awesome so far. I'm just concerned with what's happening to the trees. And in spring we had yellow finches and cardinals and other pretty birds. Now all we see is an occasional chickadee on the bird feeder. And lot's of noisy crows flying over. We had bluejays too but even they are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM

783 posts, read 1,575,324 times
Hi Cinbad,

Here's a link to an article on "tar spots." http://www.maine.gov/doc/mfs/documen...orwaymaple.pdf From what you describe, the yellow spots could indicate this fungi. It's widespread in Maine; you are not alone.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:17 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
It's the chemtrails.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenb View Post
Hi Cinbad,

Here's a link to an article on "tar spots." http://www.maine.gov/doc/mfs/documen...orwaymaple.pdf From what you describe, the yellow spots could indicate this fungi. It's widespread in Maine; you are not alone.
Thank you for the website. This explains a lot. The maples are in shade most of the day. Now I can look up what's going on with the lilacs and roses. Much appreciated.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:33 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,100 times
You may want to have a licensed arborist come and check your trees. Lilacs here seem fine. Leaves look normal. Is anyone else in your area expiencing the same problems?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:30 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
It's the water and/or oxygen supply:

YouTube - Sprinkler Rainbow Conspiracy

Old 06-26-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post

Sorry but rainbows are natural. I have seen these rainbows in sprinklers since I was a kid in the 50's. Rainbows are part of the magic of nature. It's getting hard to find magic in anything anymore. And I do agree our soil, water and air are totally polluted.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:35 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
LOL. That is one of the best videos in a LONG time.

After watching that and listening to the woman talk, I feel like Einstein must have felt when dealing with the rest of us.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:57 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
LOL. That is one of the best videos in a LONG time.

After watching that and listening to the woman talk, I feel like Einstein must have felt when dealing with the rest of us.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
this woman smoked one too many- sounds like a fruitloop, i remember seeing rainbows in sprinklers 30 yrs ago

whats coming out of the ground?? probly 50 pot plants in her back yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine