Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,382,473 times

Advertisements

I had a stop in San Jose yesterday and was done at 4pm so decided to go up 101 and stop at AT&T Park and see if I could get a ticket to see the visiting Red Sox. No problem. I got a $58. ticket, parking for $30., a $40. Giants hooded sweater (temp was in the low 50's), two $8. beers, a $7. coffee and an $8. hot dog. We lost. At least I got to see our beloved Sox live.

Here are some pics of last night:

Along the pier...

Always some kayakers...

Oakland is across the bay, not too clear last night....

It was a typical windy and misty San Francisco night. I was sitting way up in section 317 above home plate. There were many Red Sox fans. Every time they started a "Let's Go Red Sox" chant, it would be overcome by "Let's Go Gia-Ants" chants. Just too many Giants fans, dang it.

The attendance was sold out at over 41,000. It was like a playoff atmosphere.

Anyways, just a report from the west for all my Maine counterpart fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 04:07 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,869,606 times
Nice photos Roger. Sounds like you had a good time. Hope the trip across was uneventful except in the good ways. Thanks for the pics.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:47 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,616,739 times
Nice! I have a friend in SF who went to the last two Red Sox games. He was sitting out by the big Coke bottle. He said he almost caught a home run ball last night! They won last night! We were there about three weeks ago and caught the Giants and Diamondbacks. Tickets were no problem and we sat 5 rows back from the field on the third base side for $40.00 each! Section 128 row 5. They must have jacked up the prices for the Red Sox! I paid $9.00 for beer (Smithwicks) Hot dogs were $4.50 as I recall.... We had a few beers at a little Irish bar just across from the Willie Mays gate then rode the 45 bus back to our hotel on Nob Hill. Nice park! Well laid out but a chilly place to watch a game. We dressed like we were home!

Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM

7,487 posts, read 10,459,924 times
We've been to Fenway twice so far this season. Hard to get tickets for there, but we know someone with season seats. It wouldn't be the same watching the Sox anywhere else but Fenway, in my opinion. The place is just different than anywhere else, and the Sox are right at home there (ya think?). Besides, it's my fave place. I go with one of my sons-in-law. Tickets are free (with our connections) but we drop close to $100 apiece anyway, each trip. Usually stay overnight at my brother's place in Braintree, so that's free, too!

Anyway, you got some great shots! Looks like a really nice time was had by all!

Old 06-27-2010, 01:21 PM

I got to see them on tv here in Sacramento yesterday. Hopefully they can take 2/3 today. Gotta keep pace with TB against the Y's.

I think the prices were a little high too. I hadn't been to AT&T Park for a couple years now. Next time, I'll ride my bike so I can park cheaper, wear proper clothes and well, still drink a couple $8-10 beers probably. Remember to eat well before you go into the ballpark. Before I entered I ate a gyros sandwich and a bud lite for only $7.50. Probably would have been $17.50 in the park.

Maineah.....I would have loved those tickets. Probably $150+ tickets that night.

Nor'Eastah.....Fenway is simply the best place to be, especially if you're a RS fan.

retiredtinbender.....My trip from Dover-Foxcroft to Sacramento was 8 days. The last four were in 30-40 mph wind gusts. I beat the rain though. But I was glad to get off that blasted bike seat. Total mileage was 3750 miles.

About two weeks later, I flew my son back to Dover to get my car for me. He jumped at the chance to drive my car back here. He flew to Dover on a Wed., stayed 2 days with family and left there on Sat. morning. He went 1030 miles that day. Sunday was his big day at 1277 miles. Then just 935 left his third day. He only got two rooms, Economy Lodge both nights for $50. each. He said he had a great time. He used a radar detector, gps and his internet radio from his I-Phone. He really liked the mid-west as he kept his speed at 85 mph all day. Still, some trucks would pass him. He did say that it was well into day 2 before the humidity level lowered. Seems he didn't use the a/c at all. He likes his windows down when he drives. Mpg for his trip was 27. I usually get that with the a/c on.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:01 PM

846 posts, read 1,015,131 times
And we just won again. I've seen the Sox a few times in 'Frisco when m son was at UC Santa Cruz, nice park. I hate inter-league play though the Giants are my favorite Little League team. But I am, and always have been a Red Sox fan.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:20 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,616,739 times
We're going to Fenway on July 18th to see the Sox. We're taking the train from Portland. DW has never been to Fenway!! Hard to believe! We used to go several times a year when we were growing up. My grandfather lived in Beverly and thought nothing of giving us $5.00 for a train ride to Boston and Red Sox ticket. We even had enough left for a "tonic" (as the Mass people call soda) and a hotdog! Now tickets ARE hard to get to Fenway and the resellers (legalized scalping IMHO) really jack up the prices. They talk about how they have sold out every game since 2002....well when you pre-sell all of the tickets to resellers that's pretty easy to do!! I like baseball but not for $100.00 or more per seat! Especially when you can go see the Sea Dogs in Portland, for $9.00 or less! We have seen the Dogs three times so far this summer and are going back on the 12th. Great fun. As much as I like the old Fens, after seeing a nice , new , modern park like AT&T stadium it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Boston build a new stadium. Fenway will be 100 years old in 2012. It may be time to retire the old place. They could build a place with 65,000 GOOD seats and still sell it out every day. Everyone complained when they tore down the old Boston Garden.... today nobody cares.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:37 AM

846 posts, read 1,015,131 times
Default Sox Withdrawel

I hate it when the Red Sox play the Orioles. The MLB network feels that I should drive the 300 miles to Baltimore and watch the game, they have selected them as my hometeam and have me blacked out. I like the O's, as they are a storied franchise, but they are not the Sox. It's gonna be a long weekend, guess it's yardwork. My wife has been in Phoenix working this week, I pick her up at the airport @ 5.00. I'm sure she will agree with the yardwork thingie.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 PM

6,624 posts, read 13,497,763 times
DD's boyfriend lives in Boston. He went to last night's game and they're going tomorrow night. DD's boyfriend worked for the Red Sox a couple of years ago. DD has never been to a game and she's pretty darned excited.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:40 PM

I'll be watching today's game at a sports bar out here. There will be over 50 screens and I'll still have to ask them to find the Boston-Baltimore game on one of the screens. I would sure like to hear of your DD's impression of Fenway.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine