Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:07 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishMom76 View Post
Ya know, Im sorry all. I've just spent the entire day on the phone in front of the puter and looking in the local newspapers the Hubby brought back for me this weekend.

Im tired, frusterated and a little sad, I really didnt mean to turn my post into WWE.

Im done with the negativity, and again appologize. On with the search....
I don't think you've been negative in the least.

People in this country have very different opinions on pets. I'm like you. My pets are my family. I wouldn't leave them behind. And when I did have kids living at home I'd probably have slept in the woods to keep my family - entire family - together.

But I'm in an area now that feels the way Maineah does about animals. They're not part of the family. I very strongly disagree with that. But that's how I feel and Maineah is entitled to his feelings as well. It's a difference of opinion and a different lifestyle. I'll never understand his feelings any more than he'd understand mine.

I think you're doing great, but like you said, I think you're exhausted and stressed. Take tonight off. Have a glass of wine. Take the kids and the dog in the backyard and toss the ball for a while. Then snuggle on the couch as a family and watch a good movie!

Last edited by mrs1885; 08-09-2010 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishMom76 View Post
Ya know, Im sorry all. I've just spent the entire day on the phone in front of the puter and looking in the local newspapers the Hubby brought back for me this weekend.

Im tired, frusterated and a little sad, I really didnt mean to turn my post into WWE.

Im done with the negativity, and again appologize. On with the search....
If I owned a house in Calais I'd rent it to you regardless of the pet thing. You'll find a place. Didn't mean to add to your frustration....just the curmedgeon coming out in me.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:45 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
IrishMom76 -

It is easier to house hunt after you live in a community; then it is when you live far away.

I understand.

I suggest that you look for a temporary home without the pets first, and find someone to hold the pets for you, until you can find a better home that allows pets.

I am not near Calais, however if that is the biggest issue your having, I am willing to house your pets until you find a better home for your entire family.

We have friendly dogs and friendly cats here. Our pets are all indoor/outdoor. We have a fairly large home.

During these warm summer days our doors stay open as all of our pets love to run in the forest and chase frogs. However if that concerns you we can modify things to keep your dog indoors. As for the cat, well I have no idea how to allow some cats to use a cat-door while not allowing a specific cat to use the same cat-door.

Or better yet there may be someone on the forum who lives closer to Calais that could offer the same kind of thing for you.

I wish you the best of luck in finding what you need.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
IrishMom76 -

It is easier to house hunt after you live in a community; then it is when you live far away.

I understand.

I suggest that you look for a temporary home without the pets first, and find someone to hold the pets for you, until you can find a better home that allows pets.

I am not near Calais, however if that is the biggest issue your having, I am willing to house your pets until you find a better home for your entire family.

We have friendly dogs and friendly cats here. Our pets are all indoor/outdoor. We have a fairly large home.

During these warm summer days our doors stay open as all of our pets love to run in the forest and chase frogs. However if that concerns you we can modify things to keep your dog indoors. As for the cat, well I have no idea how to allow some cats to use a cat-door while not allowing a specific cat to use the same cat-door.

Or better yet there may be someone on the forum who lives closer to Calais that could offer the same kind of thing for you.

Nice offer forest!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
Chin up, and hang in there!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM

263 posts, read 626,109 times
Thats a nice Gesture Forest! Calais, been there just recently, sure looks like there are plenty of rental signs around. How about going over the bridge to CA?

Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,829 times
Is there any way you can take a trip there in person? (Sorry if you've addressed this already.) I find a face-to-face discussion can be so much better when it comes to renting when you have a pet. If the potential landlord meets you and feels at ease ("Gee, she seems like someone who will take care of the place and clean up after her pets and take care of any damage") they are more likely to change their policy on a one-time basis.

Good luck!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM

163 posts, read 260,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
If I owned a house in Calais I'd rent it to you regardless of the pet thing. You'll find a place. Didn't mean to add to your frustration....just the curmedgeon coming out in me.
No worries Maineah, it's all good. If one can't survive a difference of opinon, could one survive?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
IrishMom76 -

That is really sweet, and I can tell you what that means to me. 'Neighbors being Neighbors'

If worse came to worse (and it would have to be that way, my Dog is one of my best friends ) I do have family that would take them for a while.

Im not giving up yet!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 544 View Post
Thats a nice Gesture Forest! Calais, been there just recently, sure looks like there are plenty of rental signs around. How about going over the bridge to CA?
I hear that is very very very expensive. Places I would LOVE to visit over there, but I think I want to stay in the states (unless one day we have the money to move to Ireland )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine