Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 08:30 PM

455 posts, read 1,228,850 times

Advertisements

Could anyone give me some info on the job situations in the Presque Isle or Caribou area. My hubby and I are moving home to Maine after 20 years. He is a sign fabricator (sheet metal work) etc. in Florida is there any call for that in the Northern part of Maine? If not, what types of jobs are available for hard working men? Thank you. Abby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 AM

I heard there is a sign business in Lime stone. Does anyone know if that is true?

Old 06-25-2007, 07:02 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
I wish I could help, but I don't know a lot about that area, other than what I've seen from visiting. Good luck with your questions!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 AM

Thank you for answering. I don't seem to be getting much response. Hopefully someone that knows the Woodland area can tell me what that area is like.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:10 PM

71 posts, read 252,308 times
Default Finding Sign Businesses

I just did a quick search, using Google Maps. If you go there, click on "Find Businesses". Then enter "signs" and "Limestone, ME", (or wherever) -- then click on "Find Businesses" -- it will provide you with a list of several sign businesses throughout that area, including Caribou and Presque Isle.

You could also do a similar search in yellowbook.com.

Hopefully, this will at least give you a place to start looking.

Wishing you both success in your new venture.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 3,748 times
I'm considering moving to Waterville. I was born in Camden and raised on various Air Force bases. I've been in metro Boston for the past 25 years and I'm longing for the peace and quiet of Maine. Anyone have thoughts on Waterville?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:16 AM

414 posts, read 2,281,178 times
Waterville is "okay" if that's what you're looking for. TMobile has a call center there...so you can get yourself a decent job!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:52 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
I heard there is a sign business in Lime stone. Does anyone know if that is true?
Yes there is. It is located on the old Loring AF base. Cannot remember the name of the place right now though. They are a Canadian firm that came down a couple of years ago. They got off to a shaky start, but think they have leveled off now. Haven't heard of them looking for anybody right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
Thank you for answering. I don't seem to be getting much response. Hopefully someone that knows the Woodland area can tell me what that area is like.
Woodland is nice, I'm in Washburn so it is just across a few hills to Woodland. Economy is a bit slow, but there is some construction going on. There is just a couple of sign shops in the area, most of them do not make the signs themselves but just install and service them. Lee Merchant is one, and Condon Signs is the other. Lee works with his daughter and there is just the two of them. And I believe Condons only has 2 or 3 guys right now as well. There are a few listings other than those two, but 99% of them are for print shops who deal in paper sign printing only, the other 1% I just don't know for sure. The place on Loring makes them for sales all over the States though. Loring does have a Rebuild facility for rebuilding Hum-vees and other military vehicles and they go through sheet metal by the truckload. There are some things around right now and Presque Isle is growing while Caribou is stagnating.

Last edited by Bydand; 07-03-2007 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
Waterville is "okay" if that's what you're looking for. TMobile has a call center there...so you can get yourself a decent job!
Are the any other call centers that you know of? I currently work for Macy's, Inc. in one and would love to move to Maine without having to wait 14 years or so until I can take an early retirement. Of course, I'm probably out of luck because I would need within driving distance of Eastport (my town of choice).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine