Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:20 PM

43 posts, read 74,135 times

Advertisements

wow no offense but your eagles seem suicidal....lol
a lot of animals are acting weird this year not just wildlife but my cats to kugo is just weird weve only had her 2 yrs but gizmo who weve had for 6 years since kitten hood is usually mellow garfield reincarnate has been super vocal very agitated and its weird ive heard others saying this aswell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 11:25 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,562,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondedroid View Post
a lot of animals are acting weird this year not just wildlife but my cats to kugo is just weird weve only had her 2 yrs but gizmo who weve had for 6 years since kitten hood is usually mellow garfield reincarnate has been super vocal very agitated and its weird ive heard others saying this aswell
It's the end of the world as we know it and .............................I feel fine!!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:58 AM

7,050 posts, read 9,010,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Then a month ago, I was doing 45 on Gilman Falls road when an eagle dive-bombed a carcass of roadkill right in front of me. He swooped down from behind me, he hit the carcass not 20 yards in front of my truck, and grabbed it [a dead skunk that was stuck to the pavement]. He got it up into the air just as my truck passed underneath him, part of the skunk dragged across the top of my truck cab.

He could have easily grabbed that skunk when no vehicle was in sight, but instead decided to pace a passing vehicle and grab it right in front the oncoming vehicle.
He thought you were trying to get it first and wanted to beat you to it.

Quote:
I don't know about other areas, but we have a lot of coyotes here (and Fishers), and they like to eat cats. A lot of cats have been disappearing, I lost my favorite last year.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:19 AM

37,218 posts, read 60,933,271 times
Quote:
wow no offense but your eagles seem suicidal .... lol
I enjoy living in an area where eagles live and are occasionally seen. It is a nice benefit of living here.

As to the OP, cats and dogs were mentioned in the first post. So it is good to keep in mind that most of Maine is fairly rural. Being rural most of Maine does has wild predators living among us.

We have lost a few pets living here, such is the cycle of life.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 AM

43 posts, read 74,135 times
good to know im glad that my cat is strictly indoors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine