Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,361 times

Advertisements

I am SO COLD. Is this seriously July? I have a long sleeve shirt on, heavy sweat pants and a sweater. I'm still freezing. I want to turn the heat on, but the misery old lady inside of me just can't do it...

We have gone swimming once since school got out- it's been too cold to go (and I mean the pond, not the beach..)! I would so love a long Indian summer come September/October, but not at the cost of July! This cold nights thing is for the birds.. (Probably worse down here because we have had fog, but I notice it's pretty darn cool everywhere in Maine tonight..)

BRRRRR....

Hey- no blackflies here, though. I guess it could be worse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
I am so on board with this complaint! Where is Summer gone? At least it is supposed to be mid to hi 70's tomorrow up here. Score one for our side!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I am SO COLD. Is this seriously July? I have a long sleeve shirt on, heavy sweat pants and a sweater. I'm still freezing. I want to turn the heat on, but the misery old lady inside of me just can't do it...

We have gone swimming once since school got out- it's been too cold to go (and I mean the pond, not the beach..)! I would so love a long Indian summer come September/October, but not at the cost of July! This cold nights thing is for the birds.. (Probably worse down here because we have had fog, but I notice it's pretty darn cool everywhere in Maine tonight..)

BRRRRR....
Send some our way! We're roasting here in Washington State. I'm about ready to sit naked on an ice block in Nome.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 AM

306 posts, read 1,036,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Send some our way! We're roasting here in Washington State. I'm about ready to sit naked on an ice block in Nome.
If you pay shipping, I will Fed-Ex you some. Might be a bit pricey so I don't recommend overnight.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:26 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
Whay are you all complaining? You should know by now that Maine's summer doesn't start until the 3rd week of july and runs to the end of the second week of aug. It then starts again the second week in Sept and runs for 2 weeks.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
shoot....if you're roasting that means it's eventually coming here! I'd rather be cold than hot....you can only take so many clothes off (in mixed company ), but you can always put more on! It is supposed to warm up today---thankfully, because we're headed to Northern Maine tomorrow for camping. Better take my boots---there are those who believe it snows up there in July....

"Take off to the great white north....take off it's a beauty way to go...." (you guys remember Bob n Doug McKenzie?) Good Day!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,896 times
Molly, I will happily change places with you. I hate heat, and its been in the mid to high 90's out here for days now. Supposed to break and go into the 70's starting tomorrow but that's not soon enough for me. I love cool summers with cold nights!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
I hate hot weather too. Here in NC it's been in the mid-90's for weeks, even hitting 100 several times. No thanks! I'll take cool summers over this any day. I can't wait to move to Maine! Blackflies and all !

Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,080 times
Bring on the heat!!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post

BRRRRR....

Hey- no blackflies here, though. I guess it could be worse...
on the 4th in Eastport I could see my breath at the end of the fireworks....that's too chilly even for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: