Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 09:52 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times

Advertisements

Those photos will sure please him.

To get a building permit you need to pick your spot on the land and then have a site evaluator do a soil test. He will design a waste water system based on the number of bedrooms you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 11:17 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
[quote=Northern Maine Land Man;16787720]Easton's population in 2009 was 1,202. These new building codes are completely optional in towns with under 2,000 population. You can still build a simple shell of a camp to start. It does not need electricity or water. You can build a straw bale house, a geodesic dome or a bermed home with a sod roof built into the side of a hill. Beware of superstitions on the internet."

Thanks for the correction, NMLM.....I knew that but forgot.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:07 AM

973 posts, read 2,381,332 times
[quote=maineguy8888;16795087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Easton's population in 2009 was 1,202. These new building codes are completely optional in towns with under 2,000 population. You can still build a simple shell of a camp to start. It does not need electricity or water. You can build a straw bale house, a geodesic dome or a bermed home with a sod roof built into the side of a hill. Beware of superstitions on the internet."

Thanks for the correction, NMLM.....I knew that but forgot.
The below quote is from the new law, so to it appears a town under 2000 population could at town meeting vote to use the MUBEC and it would be the rule of the land. So again one needs to check local code with the local gov't.

"All provisions of the MUBEC are applicable in a municipality with a population of less than 2,000 residents, but municipal enforcement of the MUBEC is voluntary. However, a municipality may voluntarily elect to enforce the MUBEC provisions herein."

Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 4,014 times
Thank you everyone for the information and insight. You are all right, I need too and am planning to take a trip up and visit the acutal property and area. After winter of course. Hopefully attend a Sunday service as well and meet some of the locals. Myself and my family are truly excited about this and look forward to becoming a valuable part of the community even though it would be on a seasonal basis. Again, Thank you everyone you have all been a huge help! Best regards..

Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin9191 View Post
Thank you everyone for the information and insight. You are all right, I need too and am planning to take a trip up and visit the acutal property and area. After winter of course. Hopefully attend a Sunday service as well and meet some of the locals. Myself and my family are truly excited about this and look forward to becoming a valuable part of the community even though it would be on a seasonal basis. Again, Thank you everyone you have all been a huge help! Best regards..
Go in and say hi to Mark K. the owner of the grocery store in town(right on main street) he'd be a good resource for any local contractor questions

Old 11-28-2010, 11:26 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin9191 View Post
Even though you currently plan to only be in Maine during the summers, I see no reason why you could not go up in the winter just to experience what winter is like.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
Seasonal residents are valuable and vital members of our communities whether they were born and raised here or relative newcomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: