Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times

Advertisements

Saw this on RDC today - don't know if I missed it when I searched before or if it just got posted, but I'm in looooooove with that house!

Does anyone know anything about it? A bit out of our price range and I'm not sure we could move money around enough to give us that much room in the budget, but I'd be willing to try. I really, really love that house. I was going through pictures deciding where I'd put different pieces of furniture and which room would be mine.............. And for a change, even hubby likes it. We actually agreed on a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,531 times
Is that the white house, second from the corner, across from the library?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Is that the white house, second from the corner, across from the library?
Yup. Next one up from the library, same side of the street.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,032,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post

I remember seeing that house advertised for sale on the internet around five or so years ago.

I believe they were asking much more money for it back then ($400K? $500K? or some crazy bubble price).

Looks like someone might have bought it back then, and then couldn't make the payments, because it's being advertised as a foreclosure.

From the photos I've seen, it look like it's going to need a lot of cosmetic work, at the very least.

Rougly across the street from it, the house at 1 Key street has been for sale for years. If I remember right, they originally asked $399K for 1 Key Street, but the asking price is now down to around $150K last I remember.

Oddly, both houses, 1 Key Street and 4 Key street, have two of their five upper story windows sided over on the front. I don't understand why they would have ruined the facade of both houses like that. Easy enough to put windows back in, though--unless they put a shower or wall or closet or some such on the inside of those former window openings.

Last edited by OutDoorNut; 12-07-2010 at 04:45 PM..

Old 12-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Looks like someone did a nice job restoring the Hayden house in Easport: Historic Eastport homes open for holiday tour - Bangor Daily News (http://www.bangordailynews.com/story/Downeast/Historic-Eastport-homes-open-for-holiday-tour,160738 - broken link)

Here's what looks to be the same house in Google Street view a while back: eastport, me - Google Maps

Old 12-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Isn't the one on the same side of the street as the libray, 1 Key Street?

Old 12-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutDoorNut View Post
I remember seeing that house advertised for sale on the internet around five or so years ago.

I believe they were asking much more money for it back then ($400K? $500K? or some crazy bubble price).

Looks like someone might have bought it back then, and then couldn't make the payments, because it's being advertised as a foreclosure.

From the photos I've seen, it look like it's going to need a lot of cosmetic work, at the very least.

Rougly across the street from it, the house at 1 Key street has been for sale for years. If I remember right, they originally asked $399K for 1 Key Street, but the asking price is now down to around $150K last I remember.

Oddly, both houses, 1 Key Street and 4 Key street, have two of their five upper story windows sided over on the front. I don't understand why they would have ruined the facade of both houses like that. Easy enough to put windows back in, though--unless they put a shower or wall or closet or some such on the inside of those former window openings.
Holy smokes!! Ok, I like the house but I'd never have even looked at it if it were listed that high. Wow!!!

It does look like it needs new paint in and out. I can paint with the best of them so that's no problem. And those dark cabinets in the kitchen would be seeing a brush (well, sprayer anyway) as well. I can't handle dark. Ugh!

It is a gorgeous house though. Hubby and I have been talking about it all day. *sigh* Think they'd hang on to it for us until spring? LOL

Old 12-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Found a link on another site saying it's for sale for $52,000 or something. Couldn't believe that, so I sent the two links to my mom (she's a realtor). Said that yes, it's in foreclosure and the $52k is probably the opening bid. Said based on what she saw she'd guess the final bid if it goes to auction will be in the $166k range. I was sooooo hoping.

I hope whoever buys it loves it and restores it. It's a wonderful home. In the meantime I guess our search continues. *big sigh*

Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Found a link on another site saying it's for sale for $52,000 or something. Couldn't believe that, so I sent the two links to my mom (she's a realtor). Said that yes, it's in foreclosure and the $52k is probably the opening bid. Said based on what she saw she'd guess the final bid if it goes to auction will be in the $166k range. I was sooooo hoping.

I hope whoever buys it loves it and restores it. It's a wonderful home. In the meantime I guess our search continues. *big sigh*
There was a beautiful 1800's two story colonial for sale a couple years back in Columbia Falls.

It came with couple of acres or so.

It appeared to be in very, very nice condition, and the asking price dropped to $125 just before it was sold. I don't know how much it actually went for.

There were no water views, but there seemed to be a very nice landscape view (it was on elevated land).

Blueberry fields behind and a sheep farm across the street.

Colonials, Greek Revival, Federal, Georgian--all among my favorite architectural styles. One of the reasons New England is so pretty is the wonderful old architecture.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

Here's the one on 4 Key Street, originally listed at the tail end of the housing bubble for $399K: Our Listings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine