Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:59 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Empire Falls- filmed in Waterville area, wasn't it? Awesome scenery and acting
Love that one! Heartwrenching, heartwarming, funny....it had it all! And beautiful scenery!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 06:47 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,021,048 times
Peyton Place -Camden I believe 1957

Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 PM

46 posts, read 141,356 times
The Cider House Rules
Hands down!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Empire Falls- filmed in Waterville area, wasn't it? Awesome scenery and acting
Agreed on all counts.

Most of the scenes of the town were filmed around Waterville and Skowhegan. If you check out the DVD, there is a "Making of" documentary on there, and the locals were very supportive of the movie. The actors really enjoyed working there because the locals were so welcoming.

But there were other scenes filmed in other places as well.

The beach scenes were all filmed around Ogunquit. According to imdb.com, there were other scenes filmed around Augusta, Isleboro, York, Norridgewock, Lincolnville, and Kennebunkport. All in Maine!

Old 07-27-2007, 07:03 PM

306 posts, read 1,036,476 times
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION!

By Far.

It was filmed in Ohio though.

I think the worst one is Welcome To Mooseport. Awful movie.

Something I should add too is they were shooting a movie at Bowdoin College and one of the teachers took the class on a field trip to the set where they all met Mel Gibson. Of course it was not my class...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:45 PM

32 posts, read 98,955 times
The Good Son was actually filmed in Minnesota according to Wikipedia.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,110 times
Do TV shows count as well? Murder in Small town X was a reality series from maybe about 6 years ago and that was filmed in Eastport. Unfortunately, the NY firefighter that won was one of the first responders to 9/11 and I believe in one of the towers when they collapsed. It was a nice economic boom for Washington County and a neat concept, but never had another season.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:21 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,900,886 times
Actually, I just remembered that I liked that PBS Series.. Colonial House? Was that it? Filmed down on the coast in Washington County?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 18,570 times
as "DEEP WATERS" (Rockland-filmed in VINELHAVEN)....was on set of 20th Century FOXs "CAROUSEL"...at Boothbay Harbor...SINATRA walked out...Gordon MacCrae took over with "sweet"Shirley Jones....EMPIRE FALLS(primarily here at SKOWHEGAN)....come visit the GRILL!....ED HARRIS very friendly....PAUL...stand-off=ish....as he closes down his movie career...although, 1more with REDFORD....Lillian GISH(big Hollywood STAR) came to NORTH ANSON(*just above Us here at Skowhegan), did a BIG "SILENT"(before sound....shot the film on the River crossing....She was hanging by her fingers...(don't know title?)....North Carolina didn't want KEVIN COSTNER film for some reason...SO...he brought the CREW up to BATH....St George and area for the Message IN A BOTTLE....many other PIXS shot here.....Cider House Rules(some Kittery/Kennebunkport scenes..)Nice...what Michael CAIN said about 'MAINE BOYS !!! ....MAN without a FACE(Mel Gibson.....shot at Rockport-Camden)....In the BEDRoOM(Sissy nice....lives next door....)loves New England. ....lots of WHAT's left of so-called STARS roaming in ME....Michelle Pfiefer..Dave Kelly(Producer/Writer)....BRUCE WILLIS....John Travolta and Family....all kinds of sightings.....

Old 07-31-2007, 11:12 AM

4 posts, read 18,570 times
Default A Pilot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Do TV shows count as well? Murder in Small town X was a reality series from maybe about 6 years ago and that was filmed in Eastport. Unfortunately, the NY firefighter that won was one of the first responders to 9/11 and I believe in one of the towers when they collapsed. It was a nice economic boom for Washington County and a neat concept, but never had another season.
...Washington County: was glad for you Folks!...its about time...yes, countless TV PILOTS are made every year and there's ONLY so much space for the NETWORKS;;; however, there are more chances now...because of the MULTI Channels and SAtellite feed programs...."you never know....many Years can go by....its so involved! ....lots of money is lost from all those "hedge mutual-type funding"....money fm Wall Street....plus-private fortunes! ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine