Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:20 PM

17 posts, read 60,454 times

Advertisements

Hi, Everyone,
I'm hoping I'm not being redundant and posting this twice; browser did something weird when I tried to post and I don't see the original post in the thread.
Anyway, I am hoping to relocate to either Canaan or a surrounding area of Maine from Brooklyn, CT. I'm hoping to purchase either land to build on or something small like a cabin or mobile home on its own acreage where I can raise goats, sheep, rabbits, etc., keep bees and plant some herbs and vegetables. I have a friend whose aunt and uncle live in Canaan but would like to hear from others as well. What sort of employment is there in the area? I'm a reflexologist and a Reiki practitioner. Does holistic health do well in the area? Also, can someone recommend a good real estate agent who can help me with relocation? Please advise...

Thank you in advance!
theherbalkitty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 02:57 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
canaan isnt far from skowhegan and newport (two much larger towns) those would be the areas to research.
good luck,,and what is reflexology?? all i think of when i see that word,,is the big toe...is it foot massage or manipulation?

Old 08-21-2007, 02:59 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,079,887 times
Kitty- for a buyer broker, call Hillary Tarr of Prudential Northeast Properties in Newport. She has been very good working with my wife and I. Her office number is 207-368-4400.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:43 AM

17 posts, read 60,454 times
Hi, Maine Brokerman,
Every organ or part of your body has a nerve ending in the foot or hand. Reflexology uses acupressure to stimulate (it's not really a massage; I'm just hitting pressure points) the nerve endings. It is very relaxing, helps reduce stress, can improve circulation and help bring the body back into the balance. In Asia, this is practiced everywhere and considered a medical practice as the Eastern approach to medicine is preventative rather than our Western approach, which treats the symptoms of a disease as it appears. Here, it's considered alternative health. Thanks for asking! Although from your question, I'm assuming there aren't a lot of reflexologists in the area...this could be good for business...lol! Thanks, again!

Herbal Kitty

Old 10-14-2007, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,813 times
Default Canaan.or other areas

Hi!

Thought I would let you know tha we live about 35 miles from Canaan (in South China). We are very rural and have a lovely home that we are thinking of selling. Reflexology would be an up and coming practice in this area, as this town is a "bedroom" community to the capital of Maine (Augusta). We have 5 acreas with a 3 bedrrom saltbox, passive solar home (about 30 y.o), beautiful setting with privacy ( cannot see any other houses from ours. Might be something you would be interested in. Let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theherbalkitty View Post
Hi, Everyone,
I'm hoping I'm not being redundant and posting this twice; browser did something weird when I tried to post and I don't see the original post in the thread.
Anyway, I am hoping to relocate to either Canaan or a surrounding area of Maine from Brooklyn, CT. I'm hoping to purchase either land to build on or something small like a cabin or mobile home on its own acreage where I can raise goats, sheep, rabbits, etc., keep bees and plant some herbs and vegetables. I have a friend whose aunt and uncle live in Canaan but would like to hear from others as well. What sort of employment is there in the area? I'm a reflexologist and a Reiki practitioner. Does holistic health do well in the area? Also, can someone recommend a good real estate agent who can help me with relocation? Please advise...

Thank you in advance!
theherbalkitty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine