Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Why has this thread been allowed to continue ad nauseam? Nordic walking sticks!!
I understand. It's more like a blog than a thread. Most of the recent posts are AGs. It sifts quietly down to page three and is pulled out again. I'm not trying to be mean, just making an observation.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM

16 posts, read 58,037 times
Default common lots

I was wondering if anyone knows the rules for common lots ? Are you allowed to keep boats , icehouses etc stored on them when not in use ? We were told conflicting answers on this !

Old 09-22-2010, 01:19 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,239,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Girl View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows the rules for common lots ? Are you allowed to keep boats , icehouses etc stored on them when not in use ? We were told conflicting answers on this !
Depends on the subdivision rules.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,430 times
American Girl - I just came across this page while doing more research about Graham Lake. My wife and I found a year round home on Silsby Road and she has fallen in love with it and we are in the process of making the purchase. After looking though this thread it seems that you really have an understanding and appreciation of the area. We have traveled and vacationed in Maine for the last 16 years and after searching for "affordable" property we have finally found something we like and can afford. When we looked at the property we were able to speak to some neighbors who explained the issue with the water level. We were there in September and the water was LOW but we were told that the dam was being worked on and that the level was not that low so early in the year. I'm not sure where you are located on the lake but can you or anyone tell us more about the Silsby Road area of the lake? Thanks.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM

642 posts, read 1,255,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiegrahamer View Post
American Girl - I just came across this page while doing more research about Graham Lake. My wife and I found a year round home on Silsby Road and she has fallen in love with it and we are in the process of making the purchase. After looking though this thread it seems that you really have an understanding and appreciation of the area. We have traveled and vacationed in Maine for the last 16 years and after searching for "affordable" property we have finally found something we like and can afford. When we looked at the property we were able to speak to some neighbors who explained the issue with the water level. We were there in September and the water was LOW but we were told that the dam was being worked on and that the level was not that low so early in the year. I'm not sure where you are located on the lake but can you or anyone tell us more about the Silsby Road area of the lake? Thanks.
I've sent you a direct message

Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 PM

11 posts, read 56,783 times
Does anyone know if there is any truth in the rumors that the dam busters are aggressively targeting the lake? A friend of mine was just at his cabin off of Graham lake and herd rumors of impending changes to the dam i.e. removal. I know I’ve heard grumblings of this before. I have put in my driveway and was planning on building soon. I assume because of the wetlands and wildlife established around the lake that this could be disastrous for all but a few species of spawning fish. Any info??

Old 11-21-2010, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,308 times
Sitting here at home in Georgia missing Graham Lake. Our camp is up there, and my sister lives in it year round. My nephew is living next to her. I love the blue Georgia sky here, but I miss Maine so much.... I was just fooling around on the computer looking for pictures and came across this. Saw it a few years ago, and I'm glad it's still up and running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine