Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 10:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,039,916 times

Advertisements

there's one.....

Old 10-20-2007, 10:32 PM

there's 2....

you doin that happy dance??

Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM

and 3.....bare handed by Lowell even

I will say....I'm hoping they'll put Beckett on the mound....I know that's not what Francona is saying, but Beckett says they've talked to him....but here we go with the superstitions again....Terry has done everything he said he would to this point---IF he changes that, well, you know what I'm getting at.....

got that t-shirt on......while I'm doing my happy dance!!! But it's funny too....doing my happy dance all ready thinking about tomorrow....and you know what I mean by that too!!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,569,241 times
I hope crow tastes like chocolate cause that's what Im eating for suppah tommorow. I said the Sox were done in 5 (glad they are not)

Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,850,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
12-2....and my comfy happy dance is over as Gagne takes the mound......he does to me what Pedro used to do.....
I share the feeling, even with a 10-run lead. Still, this is exactly the right situation to use him . . . and the only situation when he should be used. This saves the other pitchers for close games. Definitely makes even a big lead seem tenuous, though.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
and 3.....bare handed by Lowell even

I will say....I'm hoping they'll put Beckett on the mound....I know that's not what Francona is saying, but Beckett says they've talked to him....but here we go with the superstitions again....Terry has done everything he said he would to this point---IF he changes that, well, you know what I'm getting at.....

got that t-shirt on......while I'm doing my happy dance!!! But it's funny too....doing my happy dance all ready thinking about tomorrow....and you know what I mean by that too!!
Unfortunately I know all too well what you mean about tomorrow. I'd think of using Beckett as a last resort. What I'd really like to see him do would be to start Lester. It's seemed clear for a while now that Dice-K is out of gas. Still, he usually gives you two or three good innings, so why not use him in middle relief? Since Dice-K is the scheduled starter, though, I'd say Francona should be really quick with the hook, and have Lester waiting in the wings. Basically, he should regard Lester not even as a middle reliever, but as more like a backup starter. Keep that t-shirt on and keep those fingers crossed.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
I hope crow tastes like chocolate cause that's what Im eating for suppah tommorow. I said the Sox were done in 5 (glad they are not)
Now we just have to hope that you'll be dining on a feast of crow about the whole package, like saying the Sox would be gone, not just about saying it would happen in five. Keep those fingers crossed. Hey, if anyone sees a crow fly past tomorrow, will that be a good omen?

Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Unfortunately I know all too well what you mean about tomorrow. I'd think of using Beckett as a last resort. What I'd really like to see him do would be to start Lester. It's seemed clear for a while now that Dice-K is out of gas. Still, he usually gives you two or three good innings, so why not use him in middle relief? Since Dice-K is the scheduled starter, though, I'd say Francona should be really quick with the hook, and have Lester waiting in the wings. Basically, he should regard Lester not even as a middle reliever, but as more like a backup starter. Keep that t-shirt on and keep those fingers crossed.
and that's what I'm thinking too....2 or 3 good innings, and I'm thinking "good" as in quick, no hits....and pull him out of there. I was SOOOOOO happy to see Ellsbury in that game!! He is just a fantastic ball player, and he's so young that it's going to be a thrill to watch him continue to grow through experience. It's hard not to be thinking about next year's line-up.....hopefully they'll do whatever they can to keep Lowell, and I can't imagine they won't. I don't want any former MFY either....we just don't need the attitude! Can we dump Dice-K?? I don't remember about Schilling and Wakefield....it seems that Schilling is up? hmm....I'll have to look it up

Old 10-21-2007, 08:43 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,364,202 times
12-2 - that's excellent!! So, where are they? How many more games?? I told DH we have to start watching them play so we can keep up - the world of baseball didn't die with the 'Stros last loss!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:03 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,385,168 times
I believe they must start Dice K. Give him as many innings as he can be productive. Tony is the best at utilizing his pitching staff. Lester can give us early or late innings if needed. Of course the "Great Beckett" is available just in case.
Crow is very good when smothered in onions and sour cream!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine